Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: That Database Missing BPM's Issue - So Sad

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Familia,

Well after reading all the posts on Database errors and missing BPM's, I still can't get VDJ to list my old BPM's that were in my old VirtualDj Database (User Name) XML file which I had on my machine before Vista had to be reinstalled...

Okay, here's a summary of the problem:

My new HP laptop with Vista decided that it was having a broken speaker issue. I gave it to Best Buy who in turn sent it to HP for repair. Luckily I saved my music files folder and my entire Virtual Dj folder with Databases on to an external hardrive in case of the worse...

The worse happens...

HP gives me back my laptop with a new motherboard and my entire drive wiped clean. So basically I had to reinstall everything including my music folder and Virtual Dj 4.3.

I reinstalled the mp3database folder and the old VirtualDJ Database (User Name) XML file thinking that my BPM's would be there in the new one. Nope! Missing...

I tried the Virtual Dj database repair tool and that did nothing...

Any suggestions so that I can avoid having to rescan every single file. Yes, I know others have posted on the forums on how to fix this but so far, those posts have not help.

Holler at me through my MSN which is posted on my profile if you can fix this issue or had the same problem.

I'm so sad, so so so sad...

Cuidate!

VDJ Batibiri
Virtual Dj Database Blues Musician

Mensajes Thu 24 May 07 @ 2:15 am

VirtualDj Database (User Name) XML

Make sure that user name is your new vista account.

Also, run VDJ as administratior.

A fix for that will come in 4.4

Mensajes Thu 24 May 07 @ 10:17 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Norway
A fix for that will come in 4.4
Quit teasing us already. I now expect some to start asking "when" and pushing for a quicker release.

Mensajes Thu 24 May 07 @ 6:56 pm
I would rather they took their time and squash a few bugs, than rush and update out with more bugs than it started with.

Mensajes Thu 24 May 07 @ 9:03 pm
Fam,

Yep, Yep, I fixed it based on all your advice...

Okay, here's how:

I deleted the databases that were in the new VDJ 4.3 files.

I reuploaded the old databases that were in my old VDJ folder which I backed up before the computer was wiped clean.

So I put VirtualDj Database, Virtual Dj (John Doe), and mp3database.txt in the new VirtualDj folder.

I deleted the shortcut that was installed on the desktop and remade a new one from the Virtual Dj.exe that is in the folder.

Even though I am logged in as the administrator on this machine, I still right clicked on Virtual Dj to click on a box that said run as Administrator (VISTA). This way I don't have to keep right clicking to run as admin, every time I run VDJ etc...

and...

"Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches"...there were all my BPM's fixed! Yes!

Now I exited the program and double clicked on the VDJ shortcut in the desktop to see the difference starting without running as admin before I sent it to run as such, and sure enough my BPM's were missing when I started the program that way. Also, it would corrupt my database every now and then...

So

I learned that the way to run VDJ in Vista with your old saved database is to run as adminstrator. I right clicked on VDJ icon and set it to run as administrator. Would be nice if there was a way to do this automatically in VISTA so when I log in it automatically opens the programs as admin, etc...

The only downfall I currently see to running the program as administrator is that It creates a new database called VirtualDj Database (user), and I mean USER as in the actual word not your name in place. Even if you go and edit this file to read VirtualDj Database (John Doe), as in your name, when you restart VDJ as admin it will still create the VirtualDj Database (USER) file. Don't know why, but it does... Any suggestions...

So the good news, I got it to finally work without having to reanalyze all my tracks.

The bad news: It creates a VirtualDJ Database (USER) file instead of a VirtualDj Database (John Doe) file

and

I'm still having the headpone cue issue on this HP laptop. ACW was able to walk me through the issues with the PC but I'm still having similar issues with the laptop. I can't cut off the audio from the non-active (red) playing deck when the headphone mixer volume is all the way down. It lowers the music but it doesn't cut it off entirely like my old laptop, etc...

Other then that, I love Virtual Dj... Now I just have to get use to using 4.3 instead of my old and trusty 3.4.

Cuidate!
VDJ Batibiri
I'm so happy!

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 12:39 am

Its a Vista issue, with its new high security measurements.

Vista does not like that the Virtual DJ database is in the Programs folder...

So VDJ 4.4 fixes this, by placing the database in My Documents.

VDJ 4.4 will soon be out :)

Until then, in Vista, run VDJ as administrator, with the "annoyance" above..

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 2:24 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Damn Bill and his clowns from Redmond :)))

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 10:24 am
lessee ....all the "music mgmt " (4.4 ) improvements plus vmix 5.2 .... wow the guys w/ Brand X stand no chance .........

i still wish i had a working stand alone database ......tried rapid evolution b4 i got new hd/ reformat/ reinstall everything .... wasn't happy w/ it .... didn't seem to import my mp3's properly ..... anybody use RE ?? anybody use musicdatabase 2000 ? or others if any ??

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 10:22 pm

wait for 4.4 ;) just a tip

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 10:46 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

HMMM>> This reminds me of the prize in a cereal box.... you know it's there but you have to wait to get to it...

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:02 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
fatkatzdj wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

HMMM>> This reminds me of the prize in a cereal box.... you know it's there but you have to wait to get to it...

No you dont Katz...yet get a big bowl and poor all the cerel out until you get the prize. Then you put the cerel back in the box and hope you Mom is not hip to the big bowl sitting on the kitchen table........

Mensajes Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)