Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hooray! I finally found a BUG! [FIXED]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi.

I just found a bug, and how to reproduce it. Basically here is what I did, and what happens:

I mapped a midi-keyboard to activate the beatgrid effect on deck one by pressing a key (momentarily) and excactly the same for deck two by pressing a different key. I mapped both with the parameter "beatgrid". The beatgrid was set to "continuing mode".

When pushing and holding (as the mapping is set to "momentarily") both keys at the same time the program shuts down without any warning. I mean it's just "ZIP!" and back to the windows desktop.

I tried mapping the keyboard (not the midi-keyboard) also, and the excact same thing happens.

I can't describe precicely how I push the buttons when the bug occurs, but I think it happens while holding the key for the left deck and then pushing the key for the right deck (but usually I have pushed the keys a couple of times before this happens, typically switching the beatgrid effect back and forth between decks).

I have not yet tested if this is the case with other effects as well, neither have I tried on my seccond computer. Right now I don't have time for that.

This is my first VDJ lock-up/bug I've experienced in almost three years! I guess it was about time.

My specs:

Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 2,4 GHZ
Kingston DDR2 HyperX PC6400 2048MB CL4
Gainward GeForce 7300GS 256MB DDR2
Asus P5B, P965, Socket-775, ATX,

EDIT:

I did find the time to do some more testing, and here are my results:

To produce the bug: Have both decks playing a file. Hold either key and press the other. You may have to push it again. BAM! bugging out. I tested changing the mapping to "flanger", and excactly the same thing happens. The program quits instantly.

Mensajes Mon 28 May 07 @ 3:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's a known bug ;-)

If you load a song on the deck, it will close the software but if you don't have songs on decks, you can exactly see what the problem is in the effects browser (=> activation conflict).

Anyway, thank you for the report. It always helps us sometimes to avoid doubts on difficult "bugs"

Mensajes Mon 28 May 07 @ 10:45 am
i do that without midi device on same effects
multi effects seem to crash to desktop on 4.3
beatgrid seems to do it, great effect, but crashes to desktop, every 5 songs if used often

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 7:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
my lord some one happy about finding a bug

iv seen it all now :D

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 8:14 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Me too ;)
Not good, not good :))

Mensajes Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 3:09 am
101010101 wrote :
i do that without midi device on same effects
multi effects seem to crash to desktop on 4.3
beatgrid seems to do it, great effect, but crashes to desktop, every 5 songs if used often

There is no link with your case

Mensajes Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 12:59 pm
This problem is fixed in VirtualDJ v5.0

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)