Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: what i did on my (1st) summer vacation..........

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

some of you guys know my lappy's C: drive was dying on me ......HP sent me a new one free under warranty .... there support was excellent and my only problem was understanding there Indian accent...lol anywhoo they sent me a new hd and factory recovery disc(s)....the discs consisted of a windows recovery (in my case XPmedia center edition, which is a variant of xp pro ) plus drivers and apps recovery disc (which i never used)......btw if you find yourself in the same situation and you are trying to recover your dedicated music playback/production box ....don't install all that crap on the drivers/apps disc .........

when i was done XP worked perfect and i had a factory recovery disc (highly recommended versus recovery partition)

i was running 33 processes which is a lil above the bare possible minimum but so far i am staying w/ that.......

unlike a few people i actually do let it go online (beatport, napster) and it's not uncommon for me to download while at the strip club or even sometimes post at the forum while i'm there ....at my mobile gigs i can't do that because i have disabled the wifi connectivity ......

here's the tweaks ..... i disabled the wifi, all power management is set on never, no screensaver, system priority is set on background (not programs) anti virus is always on (ALWIL by Avast highly recommended and free ......i only recommend Trend Micro , Zone Alarm and Alwil ) i disabled windows firewall (recomended as long as you have a good security system, see above)

speaking of tweaks .... this isn't really a tweak just common sense ...... my C: has nothing on it (according to Diskeeper (highly recommended) my free space is 93% ......

all music and video reside on an external drive (coming soon, a separate drive for video ) along with a smattering of cool apps (Irfanview, Diskeeper, Regcleaner, Enditall,Printkey,R4,GForce)

i am pleased to say that i can run music video and download and rip simultaneously again ...... no skips no nothing ..... those of you concerned about skips and pops and dropouts need to see Norway's setup guide which is one of the stickies .......also communicating with your computer manufacturer's tech support or your soundcard's (you do have a professional soundcard right ??) tech support or your controller's tech support ......these people are expert and will fix your issues ...... btw lotsa ram is not a magic fix .........

when i wasn't doing all this (which went way smoother than expected, maybe the preparation paid off ??) i was bubba qing steaks, ribs and chicken, hamburger and hotdogs, and practicing aerobics (elbow bending)....... ohhhhhhhhh work, work work......

also here and there i dropped in on the unsuspecting good guys at VDJ Radio , coolest station on this or any other planet........i heard Format, Tear Em Up and JC Flores and Cristian ..... it was awful good ..... btw note to Cristian ..... it was very good...... but since i never heard such old stuff b4, i asked my older brother, and he said that set had a lotta 70's .........anywhoo the f@#$%^g mondays was great !

Mensajes Tue 29 May 07 @ 3:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
That sounds like a fun time Chuck! What I did during my first summer vacation was..messed myself without any semblance of control. Eat runny soft food, or milk, from glass bottles. I wore lots of terrycloth pajamas and slept off and on the whole time. Oh I forgot.. mine was 44 years ago...

Mensajes Tue 29 May 07 @ 10:05 pm
how long ago ?? what was it like b4 electricity ?? or Geico ?

my older brother insists there was cool music in the 70's and 80's.....i'll have to check that out......

Mensajes Wed 30 May 07 @ 2:42 am
lessee, we got reformatting/ recovering a system......we got bubba qing, which you could participate even if you are not named bubba .......we got tweaks .... we got VDJ radio .....

we got all sorts of good topics ........

i'm just gonna stand here in the corner real still, wearing my lampshade .......

Mensajes Wed 30 May 07 @ 4:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)