Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: A Good Microphone - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
terry how do ya use the blue snowball w/ virtual ???

sheeeeeeeeeeeesh ... blue snowball , icdx's, best friends of Fred Guitar Center ...........

what next ?? he'll probably be Oprah's Dj..............

Plug and Play Mother Chucker....plug and play

A quick story..... I live near Chicago, at a gas station, just off route 394 and Steger Rd, filling up. (OOOWWWW) This hugh SUV pulls up behind me.. A woman rolls down the window, it freakin Oprah. She asks me "How do I get to 394?" The guy at the pump next to me says...."Loose about 15 pounds...."

True Story

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 10:59 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
TearEmUp wrote :
terry how do ya use the blue snowball w/ virtual ???

sheeeeeeeeeeeesh ... blue snowball , icdx's, best friends of Fred Guitar Center ...........

what next ?? he'll probably be Oprah's Dj..............

Plug and Play Mother Chucker....plug and play

A quick story..... I live near Chicago, at a gas station, just off route 394 and Steger Rd, filling up. (OOOWWWW) This hugh SUV pulls up behind me.. A woman rolls down the window, it freakin Oprah. She asks me "How do I get to 394?" The guy at the pump next to me says...."Loose about 15 pounds...."

True Story

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 3:25 am
what i meant it 's not controllable (level , eq , or talk over) is it (in VDJ) traktor has some mic / radio station functionality you can address natively (hello natively)

are you talkin' about using the blue snowball thru the default sytem sound card ??? that would be a waste of a good mic .......or into your pro soundcard ? essssplain it at me..........

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 3:44 pm
my voice psuchs i think, i sound better when i use my wireless shure ........i have heard djs at the top strip clubs around philly and i was very impressed at the eq , compression and the talk thru......i call it talk thru cuz, it's not obviously ducking the music (if it is at all) it's more like vocals in a track where it's "seated" well in the music .......there voices sound loud enough and clear enough if you take pains to set up the system like that for the mic .......that would be useful and apply in other types of clubs the mic is important but it's the start of a signal path the other items in the path matter also

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 4:05 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Checked out the setup of the mic at the club

My mixerboard plugs into a main mixer
the mic also plugs into that main mixer
the wireless mic has an EQ you can change Bass, Mid, Trebble,
even the pitch of your voice. you can do very cool things with it.

Well long story short. I won't be able to afford that. it's a rack mounted
controller, and controlls up to 4 mics.

For around $100 or less is it possible to get a good mic that handles feeback
and reproduces voice well?

Thanks,

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 4:16 pm
it 150$ i think ......shure sm 58 ..... i could be very wrong about that price .....there is a variant that has an on/off switch and a wireless model

if you just don't eat for oh, 3 months , you could get a U87 .....lol

that blue snowball is very good quality and it's about 150 $.... looks way cool too if you want some cool factor......

i 'm not too sure if you can get any quality or cool for $100 or less .........

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 4:22 pm
i think Bagpuss 's idea of a video tutorial is great .......don't the manufacturer's have vids like that ??

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 6:20 pm

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 8:36 pm
AMaHM ...thanks for the links .....wow beta 58 is only 150 $ ........the 58s is the switched one ......

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:02 pm
@ Hazord , I guess yer not a mobile guy ............mic in the junk box????????? radioshack ???????????

love means, errr pro audio means never having to say radioshack........

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:07 pm
what i meant it 's not controllable (level , eq , or talk over) is it (in VDJ) traktor has some mic / radio station functionality you can address natively (hello natively)

are you talkin' about using the blue snowball thru the default sytem sound card ??? that would be a waste of a good mic .......or into your pro soundcard ? essssplain it at me..........

I use it with VDJ/CUE as a mic, from VDJ/CUE. And yes it is controllable, using VDJ/CUE, there is a volume control on the skin. And when I record to Audition I just USB plug and play, well it is always plugged in. When you are setting up the Snowball the Audio settings show the Blue and the default sound drivers/cards. I hope that answers your questions Chuck. T

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:12 pm
uhhh i'm still lost .... i changed my skin from v mix 5.2 back to the full video and i don't see anything for mics and i look in performances and options ......nothing there

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:25 pm
I wish I knew how to give you a screen shot Chuck, but on my skins there are places for a mic volme. That is what I use, Why dont you send me a private messaage for futher communication. T

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:30 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Went out this weekend and purchased 2 Microphones

1) Shure SM58 $95
1) Beringer XM8500 $30

Both sound 100 times better than the radio shack mic.

The Beringer was a steel at $30 and reproduces sound just like the Beta 58
which picks up a little more than the SM58.

used both this weekend..... Both are excelent mics. So if your looking for a
cheap mic that works well check out the beringer.... it may not take the beeting of the shure but
it will sound good.

chucknorrisyouwimps,

I am somewhat mobile, this is a side gig for me, I usually cover for fulltime DJs
or do little parties here and there, 90% of the time I don't need anything but my
Laptop, 2x ICDX and sometimes my mixer board.

I DJ at a club regularly that already has a wireless mic setup.
so i never get to use mine. but after my last gig, I noticed the need for a mic.
I wouldn't even consider the radioshack thingy a mic.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 3:58 pm
no prob hazOrd .........

if you take a dual rear wheel truck and back it over any radio shack thingy...... it makes a satisfying crunch

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 3:32 am
terry......embarassed to say that after i found the mic thingy in black whatsis skin.....then i notice at least 1 layout of vmix 5.2 has it also .......d_oh !

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 3:37 am
LOL.. JC could not find it either....not just you Chuck...

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 3:57 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)