Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Looking for an effect - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm looking for a sound effect/actually sample, I've heard a couple of mean bastards using it & they won't share
It's on Shabba Ranks Song - Tinga Linga Ling
There's an effect on there u can't miss unless you're deaf. Anybody have it? I can't be anymore specific, I don't know what it's called :(

Mensajes Wed 30 May 07 @ 11:07 pm
I'm guessing it's in the intro ...I think that can be achieved by setting a cue point and pressing cue and repeatedly move the pitch slider as you would the crossfader (sliding back and forth fast) ...if that's what you mean

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 12:54 am

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 4:18 am
OHH I know what your talking about, that's not an effect it's part of the riddim ..are you talking about the ..."wwwhoooshh" in the beginning?

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 4:44 am
Are you talking about the Syncopated effects that match the kick drum?

That's an old effect dating to the mid 70's with early electronic drum kits. By PLaying with the sound generator they would get that freaky Dah-dooo sound when they did rolls and pops.

Give it to a reggea drummer and the rest is good dancehall.

You should be able to find samples and wave file of those sounds. I know fruity loops had them. I'm pretty sure Cubase did too.

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 5:10 am
I went back and listened again. Your talking about the electronic sweeper noise that is in the background. I have some that are similar.

PM me with an email and they're yours.

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 5:23 am
Thanks DJ Marcel, I hope you have it. It's sort of like a worbling sound in the background right before he starts talking. A lot or ragga/dancehall dj's use it.

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 4:12 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
why don't upload it? .. .. .. so everyone (members) can download and use it..? :D

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 5:41 pm
After I find out if they're the correct effects.

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 5:47 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There is a time bar on the bottom of the u tube video. Can't you just say what time the effect comes in?

I thought you meant the spiralling upwards sound that first plays at 5 seconds in?

Gary

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 7:52 pm
I will when i get home, I can't visit youtube from work. But I think you're on the money Gary

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 7:56 pm
If you have it, please up it :)

Mensajes Thu 31 May 07 @ 10:32 pm
Hey Marcel, I got the ones you sent, thanks. It's not there but those are some cool ones. You should upload them to the sample download page.

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 5:14 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Mantahoe, is this the effect you're looking for?
(Made it in a minute with Reason to poorly match the fx in video)

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 6:19 pm
Mantahoe wrote :
Hey Marcel, I got the ones you sent, thanks. It's not there but those are some cool ones. You should upload them to the sample download page.

Swing and a miss.

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 7:44 pm
erxon wrote :

I'l have to check that later today. It's been blocked at work. Streaming media. I'll get back with you.

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 7:56 pm
Quote :
I'l have to check that later today. It's been blocked at work. Streaming media. I'll get back with you.

try doing a right click on the link, the choosing "Save As"

almost everything is blocked here at my work except for direct links, and I think that is a direct link to the .mp3 file.

give it a shot mane!

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:27 pm
Yeah, I did already I just got an error.

Mensajes Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:33 pm
erxon wrote :

Erxon, did you make that? I need to know how to do that. It's not 100% but it's close enough. Good one man. God damn you've made me happy.

Mensajes Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 1:07 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah it's pretty basic, I made a simple pitch modulated sine signal, just changed the modulation
rate & global pitch (bend) parameters. If you want I can make one for you in a sec, just tell me
how you want it to sound (modulation rate, pitch bend, length,...) :)

Regards

Mensajes Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 10:27 am
77%