Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DMC2 Jog Wheels

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Getting well into using my DMC2 now. Nerly had it a whole week.
Have found a slight issue with the operation of the jog wheels. If the jog wheels are set to scratch mode and you spin back too quickly even when cueing it can cause the sound playing on the other deck to stutter. It seems to be a latency thing as if you adjust the latency back from the high quality setting the problem becomes less prominent ie you have to spin the jog wheel faster no notice the problem. A good compromise on my system seems to be around 11ms and enhanced scratch algorithm 11.

So far I am well happy with the performance of the DMC2. It is so close to the performance of my CDN95 hardware unit that I keep forgetting which is the software controller. Love it Love it Love it.

Regards to all

Daz

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:56 pm
This is a bug in VDJ 4.x which they have yet to fix. I pointed this out many months ago but the developers had chosen to work on a MAC version and the scratch algorithm rather than get the program working properly first.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 5:41 pm
After further reserch and the previous comment i find that if i select the simple algorithm and optimise for latency the problem goes away totaly. All the other settings are now at high quality with a very low 1ms sound card latency and all seems well.

Thanks for your post
DAZ

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:15 pm
Hi,

I thought this was to do with computer specifications rather than the program being at fault (although if they could stop it happening, that would be good too!)

When you do a fast spinback, you're making the computer work very hard to get all of the sound information out in a short space of time. When your computer can't keep up with the pace, that's when it starts getting problems with the sound.

Lowering the quality (making it less work for your computer to get the sound out) will let you do faster spinbacks, but obviously, the sound won't be quite as good.

Just a compromise unfortunately!

(Just a thought, but you could use the spinback soundeffect instead of the DMC2 wheels, I'm pretty sure that it would let you have better sound quality and wouldn't create the other problems. But wouldn't be quite as tactile though).

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:38 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
andy, its not the computer trying to get stuff out, its actually the computer trying to cram everything in :D

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 7:06 pm
lol, got me explaination a bit mixed up then! :)

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:56 pm
Interestingly enough I find that acording to the prerformance monitor in Windows task manager my CPU usage is fairly low (only blips above 20%while loading tracks) I wonder if this is more of a USB loading issue than an outright CPU or memory one. Not to concerned now about this as I dont use mental fast spinbacks during my sets. Its more a case of accidently inducing this stuttering in the playing decks sound while cueing that worried me.
Regards
DAZ

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 1:08 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have the same problem with timecode vinyl, no need to blame the controller tho

its like if i try to play doom3 on my 1.4 ghz celeron laptop it loads up fine but when i use the mouse to look around its all jerky, i think i need a new mouse

i have allways just assumed it was just my PC being old and that it was too slow to do crazy stuff with high quality settings but it seems everyone has the same problems regardless

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 1:26 am
Can one of u post pics or a video of the dmc2. looking at purchasing the dmc2 along with the software latter this month

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 3:10 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)