Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: NEW MacBook Pros! (June 5th '07)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

In more often than not typical Apple fashion, the Apple Online Store went offline at around 5am and is flagged with the "We'll be back soon!" post-it image.

My guess (along with a large majority of the Mac community =P ) is we'll be seeing new MacBook Pro's with (hopefully) some ground breaking new features and a good amount of updated specs.

Probably along the lines of the ones cited over at AppleInsider yesterday:
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/06/04/apple_set_to_unveil_macbook_pro_overhaul_back_to_school_promo.html

So all of you who have been waiting for MBP updates and/or price drops on the "old" (as of an hour ago) MacBook Pro's, get your money ready and enjoy!

These will be GREAT computers to run VDJ/VV on. =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 2:41 pm

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 2:45 pm
OOOOOhhhhh. I want one, and mines only 2 months old. :(

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 5:02 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
OOOOOhhhhh. I want one, and mines only 2 months old. :(

Lol!

I thought you were holding out for this update C5?

You knew very well about the high likelihood of backlit LED displays being incorporated in the next MBP update and that there was an imminent update too.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:41 pm
Well I waited a few days after the release of the VDJ Mac version, then ordered one. Pressure for Owners and Managers! I needed to get videos going and my only option was to get one then. I was kinda counting on the video portion of VDJ Mac (VV for me) to work better than it actually does. Now im running it through Windows and Bootcamp...What a joke. If I woulda known I was going to have to run Bootcamp I would have waited. Oh well, thats how things go. I'm demoing on Sunday and Tuesday for a couple local spots...My Company's launching in a few weeks...So I'll have the cash avaliable soon, maybe I can pass this 17" bad boy on to one of my guys in my comp and get one of the new ones.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 12:11 am
Well, I want one too, but there are no bootcamp drivers yet for the new MBP's. Ill wait a bit.... Maybe sometime in the near future we'll get a Mac VDJ version that works without bootcamp.

Killabee44

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 12:31 am
@ C5-

Great to hear about your success with your gigs! I'm sure you'll be able to unload that 17" MBP and get one of the new ones.

@ Kilabee-

Yeah, I'm sure Atomix will do us proud and get a VDJ/VV Mac version that's on par with it's windows counterpart soon. ;)l

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 2:42 am
i ordered mine already. i got the 15" 2.4ghz MBP + apple care + 80g ipod + tax = 3,123.62. that's with the student discount and the ipod deal. yeah, it hurt to spend that much money on a laptop, but it's gunna make it that much sweeter when that box arrives on my doorstep.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 5:18 pm
oh, and killabee, i think the new mbp's have drivers already, when i ordered mine yesterday it said that they where "vista ready"... or ready to run vista via bootcamp out of the box, although i would prefer XP over vista.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 5:24 pm

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 12:16 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
yeah, but bootcamp has always been beta.
It won't be official untill Leopard drops...(but you probably knew already)
;)

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 12:37 am

Anyone thats gettin the new MacBook, be carefull with the 15".

Be sure to get NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256mb ram for best video mix performance ;)

rocking specs....

Mensajes Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 9:01 am
except it doesn't work with vdj!!!!!!

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:16 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Anyone thats gettin the new MacBook, be carefull with the 15".

Be sure to get NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256mb ram for best video mix performance ;)

rocking specs....

Yeah, Myself and Donnie Blaze are having a ton of issues with his. The video card is freezing and chopping the videos. I would hold off on buying the new gen Macbook Pro's until someone successfully gets videos running on it.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:33 am
chemuePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yep i think new mb pro are nice, but VDJ for mac need more debug, i hope near we have a secure vdj version for mac.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 10:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)