Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Crashing - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have seen this on my Dell and it seems to be an IRQ issue between the sound card and the video card. If I don't use the MK2 I don't experience these issues. My other system that I built I dont see these issues as well as my old 2.6 P4 HP. I am wonderin if these crashes are related to systems and devices not liking VDJ or vice versa. Just my .02

Mensajes Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 9:01 am
[
Quote :
Make sure you download the current drivers from ASUS.

I tried downloading the latest Asus drivers last Feb. It caused all kind of problems with the program...so much, that I had to go back to old drivers. I guess I should try it again, maybe they've fixed the bugs. I have ordered another gig of mem, that should help.

I know that the Asus MOBO has on board video, but it has been disabled. Are you telling me that I would be better off using the on board video to mix and use the GeForce card for my video outs to the projectors? I use VGA for my monitor and SVHS for video outs to the video processor, projectors and TV's. Don't understand what you mean about the DVI outs, don't use them.

Thanks Marcel....this is the best response I've had from anyone involved with VDJ. I feel like I starting to get some info that will fix these problems. Thursday night, it crashed. I wasn't even playing anything (I was playing a video from my DVD player). I had a MP3+G in each player. All I did was try to cue up one of the files using the rhythm window by moving one of the waveforms and it crashed.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 12:05 am
ronnieskar wrote :

I know that the Asus MOBO has on board video, but it has been disabled. Are you telling me that I would be better off using the on board video to mix and use the GeForce card for my video outs to the projectors? I use VGA for my monitor and SVHS for video outs to the video processor, projectors and TV's. Don't understand what you mean about the DVI outs, don't use them.

Thanks Marcel....this is the best response I've had from anyone involved with VDJ. I feel like I starting to get some info that will fix these problems. Thursday night, it crashed. I wasn't even playing anything (I was playing a video from my DVD player). I had a MP3+G in each player. All I did was try to cue up one of the files using the rhythm window by moving one of the waveforms and it crashed.

I'm not sure if the onboard video is better or worse than using your video card.

All I know is that I've had good success using the onboard video.

Here's a labour instesive experiment - if you have the time, And if it's practical for you to do so.

Back up your music. (I assume you have a usb harddrive with your music on it?)

write down your vdj key.

Format C: - wipe it compleatly out.

reinstall XP/Vista - whatever you're using.
update directx?media player to latest and greatest from microsoft.

Set windows to best performance & disable all power conservation features

install video and sound drivers from the MOBO disk

assign max ram allowed to video from the system bios.

do not install your geforce video card - for now.

reload vdj & your music - did you remember your vdj registry files so that you don't have to re-analize?

Run on just the motherboard video for one gig. - let me know how it goes PM me if you want, i'll add you to my MSN so that we can talk about it "live"

I've run with just the motherboard video for 6.5hours at a pop - doing slideshows and videos and soniques. Both at home (second monitior attached) and at the club (no video at the club - they don;t want it, but with still the video's/soniques running in the skin for my personal enjoyment.)

I use just the motherboard for both my soundcard and videocard.

This motherboard really rocks, I've been ubber happy with it since I purchased it.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 1:54 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
ronnieskar wrote :
Thursday night, it crashed. I wasn't even playing anything (I was playing a video from my DVD player). I had a MP3+G in each player. All I did was try to cue up one of the files using the rhythm window by moving one of the waveforms and it crashed.

Which value do you have for "max load" in VirtualDJ? Try to rip this song in your HD and try again

MP3+G in a zip file or not?

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 7:59 pm
Ok, check this out everybody, I just got a Dell XPS 140 labtop, it 1.7 Centrino, 1.2 gigs of ram
40 gig internal, XP Pro SP2. When I bring up Virtual DJ 4.3, with my DAC, Torq Audio soundcard, and external 300 gig hard drive, and not play anything 30-45 minutes later my PC reboots. I have not no other apps running, and networks cards are disabled. Very strange considering I am not even playing any music. The only other program that is on this labtop is Soundforge 8, and it does not cause the laptop to crash, or reboot There is no crash guard text.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 10:29 pm
djcel wrote :

Which value do you have for "max load" in VirtualDJ? Try to rip this song in your HD and try again

MP3+G in a zip file or not?

Max load '15mn'. Don't know what you mean by 'Try to rip this song in your HD and try again.' All my MP3+G files are on my internal 350 Gig HD. All my karaoke files are standard MP3+G files, they are not zip files.

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 4:17 am
Well, the onboard video my comp is nvidia 6150. I've been using a nvidia 7600 video card with 512 MB of mem. Both use the same drivers. The onboard video was disabled while using my video card so there should be no video driver problems. There's no sense on using just the onboard video when it's not as good as my card. This all tells me that the crashing and freezing is a VDJ software problem when it comes to playing karaoke files (MP3+G files). I can play videos and music all night without any problems. But if I mix in karaoke...chances are it will freeze or crash at least once.
It's something that needs to be addressed by the dev team. From what I've seen, there are quite a few of us VDJers are having this problem and I've had mine since January.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 11:50 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

I'm not sure if the onboard video is better or worse than using your video card.

All I know is that I've had good success using the onboard video.

Well, the onboard video my comp is nvidia 6150. I've been using a nvidia 7600 video card with 512 MB of mem. Both use the same drivers. The onboard video was disabled while using my video card so there should be no video driver problems. There's no sense on using just the onboard video when it's not as good as my card. This all tells me that the crashing and freezing is a VDJ software problem when it comes to playing karaoke files (MP3+G files). I can play videos and music all night without any problems. But if I mix in karaoke...chances are it will freeze or crash at least once.
It's something that needs to be addressed by the dev team. From what I've seen, there are quite a few of us VDJers are having this problem and I've had mine since January.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 11:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)