Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Cue LE and sound effect plugins

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Any word on this issue? Several people have reported that using Cue LE which they got with Numark Total Control will not run additional effect plugins, even though it is explained how to go get them, and the ones we have downloaded, we have done so using the serial number for our version of software, which should be compatible. Nevertheless, none of the added sound effect plugins work.

Those of us who have expressed concern, have put the effects into the correct folder, so that is a non-issue. Could there be a problem generated because of a previous demo install? I am not sure if I remember to uninstall the old demo before installing Cue LE. Don't have it here to check.

Anyway, any word?

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what version is it v4 or v 3?

cue le

i suggest you make a ticket

contact

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:37 pm
Cue Le version 4.3

Same version as the current full version, but with the LE limitations.

posted ticket.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:40 pm

That limitation being that some (very few) plugins only work in the full pro version, because of feature limitations in the free LE version.

sorry

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:48 pm
The plugins I am attempting to use, all list as working with the home version. None of them show up. Plugins I am trying to get working are as listed below:

Pass - simple high and low pass filter
subbass 1.3
Djos Special Flanger

All are sound effects, and listed to work with Numark Cue, and only require home version. I did my homework, and I understand the limitations.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:27 pm

yes, those should work.

Please remember that Cue effects need to be in the CUE folder, and not your old VDJ demo folder.

Also remember that 4.x has a new structure for plugins, it needs to be inside Plugins>>SoundEffects

I bet they show up if you place them right ;)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:55 pm
That's where they are, and they do not work or show up.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:05 pm

You're doing something wrong, or there is something wrong at your system (registry error, with wrong path for plugins maybe since you had VDJ on before).

Please super check that your plugins ARE in the Cue folder. I just tested here, and worked fine

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:10 pm
I am certain they are in the right folder, but I will check. Then I will uninstall, delete the folder, reinstall Cue Le, and reinstall the sound effects, confirm the correct location, and try again tonight. I will post results.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:17 pm

Cool,should work if you do :)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:19 pm
1. Uninstalled.
2. Deleted folder
3. Cleaned registry
4. Reinstalled -- started -- inserted serial number -- ran for a minute -- shut down.
5. Added in new sound effects to this directory path:
C:--Program Files--Numark Cue--Plugins--SoundEffect
For some reason during the posting process, it took out my backslashes, so I put in dashes instead.

6. Restarted
7. Clicked in the Effects Window, same original effects, none of the new ones
8. Clicked into the Effects area in the browser area, Clicked Sound Effects, still no new effects visable.

So nope, they still do not work.

Oddly, I did add some of the Home Edition downloadable skins, and they do work. Just no additional sound effects. Have not tried samples yet.

I trust that I will get a solution. Either someone will explain how to fix the problem, or there will be an update. Of course I hope that will happen soon, but I will wait patiently.

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 6:39 am
I can't remember if you have to extract the plugins or not!

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
plugins have autoinstallers to place them in the correct folder automaticaly

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:29 pm
Just so everyone knows for sure, no, I didn't put them in the folder as a zip, or as an exe. The files I put in were extracted as dll files.

Mensajes Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 9:43 pm
I did put in a ticket last week. I have heard nothing so far. I hope someone will answer this for me. I downloaded the demo, installed the same sound effects into the same folder in the Cue Demo folder. The sound effects worked just fine in the Cue demo. So why not in Cue LE?

Mensajes Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 7:31 am
Additionally, this morning, I installed Cue LE on my wife's computer, which has never seen a demo version of Cue or VDJ, so no potential conflicts in the registry or anything, clean. Installed Cue LE, started it up to make sure everything was working. The shut it down. Installed the new downloadable plugins for Home version that should work fine with home version and this version (and DOES work fine with Cue demo) into the CORRECT folder, the same folder where it worked just fine in the Cue demo... and once again, no extra plugins show up other than what Cue LE came with.

Still, no help, and no response to the ticket, not even a "we are working on it", which I would have liked to have seen. Maybe I've got a bum copy of Numark Cue LE. I don't know, but it would be nice to be reassured that I'm not just on my own now.

I keep hearing, "just buy the full version, problem solved". Easy for you to say, those who say that probably are making enough at this that digging up another $300 isn't a big problem. For me, the $250 was the rest of my budget for DJ gear for the year, other than upkeep on music subscription and such. My next $300 is going to be spent feeding my kids.

Upgrading to the Full version IS IN MY PLANS, but I won't be swinging that until next spring. What I have now, is what I will have until then, and I want to make the most of it. I'm trying to be honest, as we all know it would be easy to just go grab the full version from some P2P service, and I am a computer geek, so it wouldn't be hard. Most likely I would not have any problem getting my new Home Version downloadable plugins to work that way. Instead, I am taking the time to post in hear, put in a ticket, and try to get some help with the Cue LE version I have, and work within the confines of the software I have legally purchased. I'm going the more difficult route, and the more honest route.

The response to my efforts to not take the easy route, and instead work in the confines of the Cue LE software I have, and plan to spend the $280 or so for the upgrade when I am ready for it, seems to be, "screw you, you're poor", and "buy the full version, you cheap bastard, and your problem will be solved." Such is the reward of an honest man. Thanks guys.

I would like to also note, that what I want from Cue Le is for it to simply function within the limits it is suppose to, which is, as I am told, the same as Home version. No video output, no separate outputs for each deck, no Pro level downloads, no new features from upcoming versions. The only problem I am seeing, and my only issue, is that no new sound effects will work with the copy of Cue LE that came with my NTC. All of the sound effects I have downloaded to try to use with it, were downloaded using my account level provided me by my Cue LE serial number. The manual says they will work. The versions I am downloading are Home version level, and are all listed to work with version 4.x. What I want to work, should work with Cue LE, period. I am not trying to get something to work in Cue LE that shouldn't work.

Nevertheless, I will stay honest, and I will still wait, and further my efforts on the Numark side now, and try to get some help. ...and keep bumping this thread, till hopefully it gets some attention.

Mensajes Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 5:11 pm
jakow86Home userMember since 2006
I have a quetsion: does numark CUE LE support VST effects?

I mean, I know that's what the problem is all about, but the topic of the thread seems pretty adequate for this kind a question.

You can get probably larger variety of free VST's than there is available for dowload here on VDJ.

Mensajes Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:52 am
mr sleeperawaken y am french user in the same situation like you,nothing help come from french forum
its very bad.y try meny things but i m shure its a bug of compatibilty whit cue le and virtual dj.
im sorry for my poor english righting.

sincerly dj berty

Mensajes Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 7:43 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)