Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: How to play songs *fully* and crossfade - Page: 3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Interesting forum

This subject has been posted many many times over a few years. I agree that VDJ is brilliant for club DJ’s but sux for wedding and “pub” type venues who require mixing like you would expect to hear in the radio.

That is, start the song at the beginning at full volume (not fade in) and end the song at the end!

The 2 cross fade styles should be:

1. If it is a cold finish, start the next song one beat after the cold finish.
2. It is a fade, start the next song half way through the fade.

Yes OTS DJ has good radio software but sux for the club dj

One day, the development will give us an option that will get this right. But I am not holding my breath. I (along with others) have over time offered many solutions to this problem that surely would not be hard for the team to do. In fact that is what I hate about these forums. The development team have no voice that ever says “good idea we will look into that” or “that idea sux and will not be introduced”. At least that way we can get on with our lives Djing and not wasting it on the same old issues being recycled.

This is a big issue. The poor mixing creates great disappointment for thousands of VJ clients. It is time to fix it development team. Of course you could be as we speak, but we would not know because you never tell us these things. (do I sound frustrated!!!!)

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 5:15 pm

Its fixed in next release;) soon out

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 7:40 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing the automixer keep the beginning and end cue points along with the smooth crossfading in while the other smoothly and slowly fades out; having this do this with the cue points guarantees there is sound on both tracks, one slowly fading out while the other slowly fades in.

Will the new version support keeping the cues as it does now?

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 1:01 am
To dj-in-norway

Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for advising an outcome for this forum ;-) sooooo happy

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 3:45 am
Thanks Rune,
That's what we were waiting for! =P

Cheers,
Joe

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 4:11 am
Hi am in Kenya and I would like to know types of crossfading, and when should one use each of the type/technique when mixing with virtualdj software.(Am using virtualdj 7 pro.

Mensajes Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 7:06 am

Mensajes Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 10:24 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)