Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Audio SWAPPING sides during play...problem...bug?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am using the latest version of VDJ (Professional) w/ the Numark DMC2. During playback it works fine, until out of nowhere, the song switches channels. I'm using the built in soundcard, RIGHT-OUT (mono), LEFT-OUT (mono). I don't have "CUE" installed, just my full version. I use NO inputs, 2 channel mixer output. ???

JD

Mensajes Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 8:19 am
Ideally to get the best results out of the DMC-2, you should be using an external sound card with atleast 2 stereo outputs, such as Maya 44 USB, Numark DJ IO, etc. An external sound card will also give you better sound quality.

You can then connect each of the two stereo outputs into a standard DJ mixer and use it just like a conventional dual-CD player. The DMC-2 and an external mixer go well together in a rackmount case.

If you are currently using a single sound card with 1 output, the selected deck in VDJ will affect what gets played 'live'. The deck is changed by pressing TAB, or with the auto headphones option. If you use my DMC-2 mapper, the selected deck is changed to the side you last pressed a button on (E.g: Press PLAY on right selects deck 2.) You can turn this behaviour off in user parameters if you wish.

If you use the external sound card with 2 outputs option as above, the selected deck in VDJ has no effect on the sound output. You use the faders and PFL of your mixer just as you would for CD's or vinyl decks.

Mensajes Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 10:19 pm
Hi, I'm using a DMC2 with maya 44 usb without this problem. Like jpboggis said, you'd get much better sound quality with a decent card that has two stereo outputs.

But it should still work with mono split, provided that you have the "external mixer" mode selected in vdj's sound set up. I think that's what you said you had though. (Might be worth a double check to make sure).

If you can work out exactly when this tends to happen, others can try an recreate it on their computers. Then we can report it as a bug if that's the case.

Mensajes Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 1:00 am
"If you use the external sound card with 2 outputs option as above, the selected deck in VDJ has no effect on the sound output. You use the faders and PFL of your mixer just as you would for CD's or vinyl decks."

I am a newbie to Virtual DJ/Numark Cue, just evaluating the demo.

So let's say I have (1) Numark iCDX - I can use a single iCDX to control both decks in Virtual DJ, route Deck A to one of the stereo outputs on a soundcard and Deck B to another. Connect the output of Deck A to "Line 1" and Deck B to "Line 2" of an external DJ mixer and hoila I have one controller (the iCDX) controlling two Virtual Turntables (Deck A and Deck B) with the ability to monitor each virtual turntable independently on the external mixer just as if I had 2 1200's connected to the mixer.

Is this how it works?

Mensajes Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:51 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)