Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: can't save my new keyboard shortcuts

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i bought a new lappy wich runs vista and i installed vdj.
i have 2 problems
a)i cant find vdj through start>programs
(to create a desktop shortcut i went through my computer>c:vista>program files>vdj and i found the application icon)
b)i can't save my new keyboard shortcuts so each time i open vdj i have to create again the shortcuts.

any sugestions?

Mensajes Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 10:03 pm
anyone?:(

Mensajes Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 5:22 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would uninstall, and reinstall making sure you have full administrator rights, ie. creating a user account that has administrator rights.

Gary

Mensajes Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 8:53 pm
i'll try that and let you know thanks anyway:)

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:13 pm
You need to run VirtualDJ as an administrator. Right-click on the shortcut for VirtualDJ and select the run as Administrator option. Regardless of whether you are actually an administrator or not this is still a necessary step. Such important information should at least be in a sticky somewhere if Atomix aren't releasing a patch anytime soon upon Vista's arrival, i.e. half a year ago.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:16 pm
I'm not sure about that. I run VDJ in vista, created with admin rights and i don't have to open as administrator, i can just double click on the icon normally and everything opens, works and saves fine.

Gary

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:22 pm
Does your VirtualDJ icon have a shield on it? If not (and everything works as you say), you have User Account Control turned off. There's a reason Microsoft added this feature. Users should not have to compromise their security by disabling such features to counter software developers simply not keeping up.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:23 pm
No shield on the VDJ icon. How do i turn this on? Is it in control panel somewhere?

Gary

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:29 pm
A shield on a program/shortcuts icon means it will request and run with administrator rights. If you have user account control turned off, all programs on an administrator account will run with the highest priviledges. 90% of software will work correctly like this, but certain programs such as Adobe Reader 8.0 will not install without UAC turned on.

To toggle UAC:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/58b3b879-924d-4e08-9358-c316055d3eae1033.mspx

Although an account in Vista may be an administrative account, is really a hybrid normal-admin account (at least this is the case with UAC turned on). Access to Program Files and Windows directories are not permitted without the higher priviledges given by UAC. For this reason, VirtualDJ when run as a regular program (even with an administrator account) will not be able to write to its own directory, as by default it is located in the protected Program Files directory.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:34 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)