Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Need Info

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
i bought cue before numark was selling virtual vinyl. so i went out and bought a maya 44 usb sc and i downloaded the time coded cd from vdj and then i hooked it up to my numark cdn-88 player i got it working but not consistently for instance when i cue it, it won't start from where i cued it from and when i backspin it sticks for about two seconds i talked to the guys on the forum and they helped me with every setting possible but nothing worked i even sent a messege to the team about a month ago but no response. i went to the guitar center yesterday and they told me that i need the virtual vinyl sound card and there cd's for it too work properly is this true???

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 5:54 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Here is the best advice I can give..don't trust anyone at Guitar Center. You might get lucky but for the most part my dog knows more about DJing then they do. It is possible with any asio sound card. I am sure someone here will be able to help you out.

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 5:57 pm
what do you use cue with?

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 5:59 pm
I use either my Total Control, or my two iCDXs, there are pictures of my iCDXs in my blog.

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 6:01 pm
I would hazard a guess that it's not entirely nessesary. But the guys from Guitar center needed a sale to afford bus fare home.

Now that my knocking is done: (not a fan of guitar center)

Not being a timecode user myself - I'm not sure how vaild my advice would be. But A maya 44 is one of the recommended cards for use with VDJ.

I'm assuming you did all the updates for drivers, volume setting, etc...ad anuium.

The Numark Soundcard might be nessesary, as it is 100% designed for VDJ.

But the cd's aren't. you can download the same timecode mp3 from this site and burn your own cd's.

when burning - do it on the slowest speed your burner can do - 1x if you have to; to ensure a good burn. Sometimes buring fast leads to Data Decay. I've had it lots with dvd's , cd's etc.

Try a slower speed setting on your cd writer and then try that.

Then go buy the package if you think you absolutly must have factory pressed cd's and numark soundcard.

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 6:04 pm
i'll try to reburn the cd's on slow speed and see if that helps.

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 6:08 pm
that didn't work either.

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 7:17 pm
I just got off the phone with numark and they told me that cue is really made for a laptop alone nothing else no cd's or ttables. they said that i have to get virtual vinyl for it to work perfect with my numark cd player. since i already have cue i asked him if i could just get the virtual vinyl sound card but he said they don't sell that seperate and it won't work right anyway. is this true??? i tried everything else already

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 9:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try this , take the timecoded mp3

and lower it by 13 decibels with an audio editor such as audacity and burn this

see if it tracks better now

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 9:51 pm
can i use nero to do this?

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 10:06 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use this

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

it is a free audio editor use the reduction tool and tell it to reduce by 13 db then burn it using nero or your choosen program

as an audio cd

Mensajes Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 11:26 pm
that did not help either

Mensajes Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 6:57 pm
Can you post a screen shot of your timecode signal?? That might help us see what is going on..

Mensajes Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 7:00 pm
do you use cue with cd player or ttables?

Mensajes Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 7:33 pm
He uses it with his iCDX, as mentioned above the first time you asked him ;-)

Mensajes Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 7:43 pm
o my bad lol. numark is screwing around they won't even sell me the virtual vinyl sound card seperate i talked to one of numarks techs on the phone and they said it would never be stable unless i get there sound card but they don't sell just the damn sound card. and i ain't spending $500 dollars for it either virtual vinyl is just the upgrade version of cue so i think they just make cue owners pay the difference of $200 dollars for virtual vinyl!! thats how other dj software sites operate.

Mensajes Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 7:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)