Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: iTunes, Napster, Yahoo Music etc

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just signed myself up for a 7 day Napster trial and must say so far I'm very impressed. The music (which I am renting) is 192kbps wma, more than acceptable considering I have unlimited access to some 3,000,000+ tracks as long as I'm paying for the service. The interface is very clean and intuitive, I prefer the shop interface over iTunes - but in terms of library management I think iTunes is ahead.

What other services are available that offer a similar service to Napster? I've heard that iTunes are doing more expensive (although higher bitrate {320kbps}) drm-free downloads now, but at £0.99 a track I think that's quite ridiculous. As I said, I'm really impressed with Napster at the moment. You can purchase music cheaper than iTunes and the rental system is great. The only downside is that to be able to put music onto your portable player it's an extra £5 a month. However, access to 3,000,000 tracks for £180 a year seems like a brilliant deal. You don't have to worry about purchasing bad music because you're not limited to a 30 second preview.

Before my trial is over, if I haven't seen word of a better service then I will likely continue my Napster subscription. Unfortunately I don't think my mp3 player is drm compatible, although it does (to my knowledge) play wma. Therefore the Napster to Go service isn't worthwhile for me, although I don't have any moral objections to removal of drm... and 192kbps wma (lame is said to be a lot better though) should be good enough for anyone on the move.

What services are you using and what do you think of them? Really I am more interested in the unlimited services. Let's try and keep the content legal, i.e. not including those Russian sites where you can download mp3 albums for about 7 cents!

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 3:57 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)