Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: can i get line-in?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mark172PRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi, i recently bought vdj for my laptop. my laptop only has a basic soundcard with mic and headphones. so i bought a creative soundblaster usb card which has a line-in input but, it is not an asio one. me and my pal both dj he uses cdjs and im using my laptop with this new software. what i was wanting to do was connect them up together so that from his mixer i can use the secondry output and plug that into my line-in so that we could go from cdjs to laptop and vice-versa. any drivers/plugins/software available to do this or is it hardware i need?

Mensajes Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 8:28 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can try the KX Project drivers that are written for Creative cards:
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/
Not sure that you can do what you want, but you can try it out.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 12:59 pm
mark, your post is a little vague, is this what you are trying to do?

Connect one of your friends CDJs to the line-in of your computer and then connect your computer and the remaining CDJ to the external mixer. By doing this, you hope to be able to switch between using both CDJs or a CDJ and VirtualDJ? If this is the case, you can do this by using your Creative's line input.

To do this, e.g. for your left deck: You will need to always keep VirtualDJ's software crossfader to the left and only use the left deck. If you're an advanced dj, you are free to effectively add 3 decks and two mixers to your setup by mixing to the right deck also. Remember that this output will always come out of the first channel of your mixer. To switch to CDJ playback on channel 1 (i.e. the left hand turntable), you will need to stop VirtualDJ playing music and manually unmute the line-in option in Windows' sound panel. Software bypass was removed in v4.

--optional, if you didn't have the creative usb--
On a desktop machine, the mic and line inputs are two very different things. The mic input expects low powered mono signals and will only accept mono inputs. Connecting a line input could damage the port as the signal is too high.

However, on a laptop, some ports can intelligently switch between mic and line. You will have to read your manual to see if this is the case. It may advise you not to connect line input connections into the mic jack, in this case you will need extra equipment (which you already have, i.e. the creative card).

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 1:10 pm
Was supposed to read as 4 decks, above. Small typo but quite important.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:28 pm
mark172PRO InfinityMember since 2007
sorry i tried to explain it as best as i could, basically i want to connect up the mixer with my software. he has two outputs from his mixer (master and rec)....rec would work fine for a line-in connection as ive used this before on my old laptop for recording sets from my old decks...anyway i wont be using my mic input on the intergrated soundcard i want to purely use the line-in connection on the creative soundcard. the thing is when i try to set it up on vdj in the config bit, the only pull-down option is an asio soundcard...which i dont have. is there anyway to get more options? i hope you see what im trying to achieve. all we want is to be able to mix from laptop to cdjs and vice-versa. we have a night coming up soon in a club and he is gonna be doing an electro house set and im gonna be doing trance/tech trance and at the end of his set i would rather mix from his last song into my first song rather than there being a break. Also i tried that website above but nothing seemed to happen, is it cause i use vista perhaps?

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 7:30 pm
That website isn't relevant to your cause. Just set it up the way I explained. You will be outputting from your computer to the mixer.

cd deck a connects to computer line-in
computer line-in connects to mixer channel 1
cd deck b connects to mixer channel 2

When mixer crossfader is right, cd deck b is playing. When mixer crossfader is left, either cd deck a is playing or a virtualdj deck. You could get really creative with such a setup by using virtualdj's loops and beatlock for three deck mixing like this.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 8:03 pm
This diagram illustrates how to connect your set up if you meet the following criteria:
1) You only have a two channel mixer
2) You do not have at least two available pairs of asio input/output connections
i.e. 4in / 4out from your soundcard.

Microphone and headphones are connected to the mixer. It is possible to connect another pair of headphones to your laptop if you have multiple sound cards or a multichannel soundcard.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 8:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)