Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: I need help with timecode! Only 1 soundcard!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ok, iv got 2 decks, mixer, laptop and stuff and thinking of getting timecoded vinyl's! but i only have 1 soundcard wich means i would have 2 use mono inputs and outputs! plus im running vista and my soundcard only has output and mic!

Iv seen some soundbox thing tht u can get but dont know how much and where to get them from!

please help!

Mensajes Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 3:45 am
Which sound card have you got? You might get away with using one of those Y-adapters you can get for personal stereos where two people can listen simultaneously.

I have the Creative soundcard, which seems to do the job pretty well.

Some laptops have fairly low specifications, which make it difficult to run some software.

If you actually buy the software and register it with the Virtual DJ website, you can download all manner of plugins to make it more efficient - or, at least, less inefficient.

Have you got the Mark 1 or Mark 2 console from Hercules?

The Mark 2 can accept headphones, so you can PFL your music - but you need to know the optimum setup, whereas the Mark 1 is relatively basic.

I bought the Mark 1 initially, but I bought the Mark 2 about a month or two ago - and I've never looked back.

Mensajes Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 11:02 am
the soundcard i have is a Realtek High Definition Audio soundcard!

it is built in2 the front of my laptop and has only a mic input and audio output!

I dont have any other slots on my laptop were i can install hardware!

The name of the soundcard i saw that worked with the same kind of setup is called a "Serato Scratch Live Soundcard" and it worked with vdj!

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 3:45 pm
You can't use two mono inputs. Timecoded vinyl require stereo inputs as it would be unable to calculate the signal otherwise.

If your laptop has available USB ports then you can buy an external soundcard for use with Virtual DJ. A lot of members will recommend the ESI U46 DJ for Windows XP users.

Looks like a new model is available now, the U46 SE

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 3:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)