Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Can you save Comments and Bpm's.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi all,

Thinking about doing a fresh re-install of windows on my Laptop and dedicate it to VDJ and my music.

My question is, is there a way off saving my track comments and bpm's so I can put them back in VDJ after the freash re-install. If you can, I'm thinking of copying the comments and bpm's on to my external harddrive in a temperory folder. I'm using the 3.4.1 version.

Is it possible??????

Mensajes Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 8:37 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes. it possible.. GO to ur VDJ folders n click copy ur VDJ databse (Both..just to be safe.. one will have ur name etc) n paste at other storage media (external HD) first. Then reinstall ur window. after that just replaced (overwrite) the ones in the external HD to the new VDJ folder.( this must be on the same drive that u previously installed prior before reinstall the OS). N there u have it.:)

I never done reinstalled of windows for this but if u were saying uninstalled/ reinstalled of VDJ, then this will work:) Done that n I koe it will save the bpm n cue but not sure above the comments.. (never put comments there). Anyway all the best n hope this helps:)))

Mensajes Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 10:15 pm
Thanks spinnaJ, I'll try that.

I'll let you know if it works, I can't see why not.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:38 am
I copied the whole Virtual DJ folder to an external just to be safe. It is overkill, but doesn't really take up a lot space. That way you know everything is there. Comments will go with the database.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:46 pm
Good idea mills.

I think i'll do that, it's best to be safe than sorry.

I'm going to start on my Laptop tomorrow, Got a day off work, YIPEE!!!!!!!

Let you know how it goes.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:33 pm
All sorted.

Copied my version of VDJ. And then re-installed it after I had sorted out windows and it worked.

But doing it this way I discovered how easy it is to get dodgy copies of VDJ out there. I won't do it as I respect VDJ but it is quite possible. The development staff of VDJ should really look in to this.

Thanks Millsmobile

Mensajes Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 6:29 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
They know, don't worry ;)

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:32 pm
Glad it worked for you : )

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 5:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)