Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: screen went white and VDJ stopped ,.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Some of you already know I have been playing succesfully with a laptop on ver 3.4. Once in a while a video would freeze up. But I understood that to be because of only 1 gig ram and an integrated video card.

Now I got brave and installed the ver 4.3 full clean install, did tweaks, on a 2 gig ram, dual core PC (not a laptop), and a dedicated 256 ram, 256 bit video card. Oh a 2.6 gZ dual core (not a 1.8).

Within a half hour of the gig, the screen went white and VDJ froze, and computer had to be started.
Slideshow of still pictures was running at the time.

later, 3 hours later, a video was playing and the same thing happened. Now this should be pretty simple stuff for this machine as here i was doing nearly the same with three versions back and a lappy with an integrated video card.

I really need to know what would cause this. I had performance at fastest, auto latency checked and safemode unchecked with overcloCk checked.

There are very few programs installed on this machine, always worked before going to 4.3 as well.

I'll try unchecking overclock, but does it make any sense as to wht just that would interfere with a machine of THAT quality. Or is there something else I need to be aware of doing or checking?

Please help as I don't really want to revert to ver 3.4 just to make this work.

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 8:02 am
In the above post, I meant to say that the monitor TV Screen went blank and VDJ frozo the computer screen in the two instances.

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 9:17 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you using vista?

Mensajes Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 9:59 pm
nope, xp.

What do ya think it is Sky.

Mensajes Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:03 am
Oh, I wanted to add that when I unchecked overclock the audio was really scratchy.
So I need to do something else. If I take off autolatency and use 1024 or 2048, should that make a difference in the freezes I was having?

Mensajes Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:05 am
does this happen often , or was this a one off ocurance

in vista if a program hangs the screen goes white to indicate it , but as your using xp its somthing else.

Mensajes Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 11:28 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
In short:
Update or use different version of drivers for your video card
Update Direct X to the latest (June 2007)
Use 11ms (512) for latency and enable Overclock and disable Safemode
If nothing helps reinstall VDJ
and if nothing helps you should reinstall XP cause drivers sometimes get messy and you can't repair it.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 12:30 am
if this is the first time its happened on this gig wait to see if it does it again in testing if not dont worry odd ocurances can happen from time to time on computers for no apparent reason

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 1:40 am
This is the first time it happened Sky, but what I didn't like about it was the fact that a clean install of ver. 4.3 used for the first time in a clean computerwith a defragged HD didn't last a half hour w/o a freeze. Computer shut off, restarted, then 3 hours later it happened again. Hardly a "random" occurence.

Now remember that this is after 12 months of no freezes doing the same thing with a previous version?

Now would you want to take this machine and this program to your next wedding?
That's what I am nervous about. However, I will try what you say "assume random occurence,
and PRAY it won't happen during the "bride and grooms" waltz.

I'll try it. But the question still remains "What else can I do"?

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 8:32 am
right click on my computer and press manage look for event viewer and look for any error messages that ocured around the time of your crash.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 10:36 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If it turn itself off, you should check in bios for CPU temperature, might be heat problem and motherboard is turning itself off to prevent damage. It is summer now ;)

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 12:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)