Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Is there anyone out there....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just am wondering if there is anyone out there in VDJ land using VDJ 4.3 who....plays videos, MP3's (using visualizations) and also does Karaoke using MP3+G's (in combination with visualizations during the 'Instrumentals') on a constant basis 4-5 four hour shows a week without VDJ crashing or freezing?

If so, please respond to this. I would like to know what the specs are on your computer. I have had this problem since January and I beginning to feel lonely and aggravated. I've gone as far as wiping my hard drives clean and reinstalling everything from windows, latest drivers, Directx and VDJ. Still the same....inconsistent performance.

The specs on my computer are well above the requirements to run the program successfully.

ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 512-P2-N548-TX GeForce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
(2) Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory
(2) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

Thanks,
Ronnieskar

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:27 am
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
ronnieskar wrote :
I just am wondering if there is anyone out there in VDJ land using VDJ 4.3 who....plays videos, MP3's (using visualizations) and also does Karaoke using MP3+G's (in combination with visualizations during the 'Instrumentals') on a constant basis 4-5 four hour shows a week without VDJ crashing or freezing?

If so, please respond to this. I would like to know what the specs are on your computer. I have had this problem since January and I beginning to feel lonely and aggravated. I've gone as far as wiping my hard drives clean and reinstalling everything from windows, latest drivers, Directx and VDJ. Still the same....inconsistent performance.

The specs on my computer are well above the requirements to run the program successfully.

ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 512-P2-N548-TX GeForce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
(2) Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory
(2) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

Thanks,
Ronnieskar

I do exactely what you do !!! I was using a HP with Intel P4 3.00ghz CPU, 2gb DDR2, Ati Radeon X1600 (256mb) 7200 HDD. No crash, but when playing videos and loading another one, I'm having my CPU going to 90% and more .... After 3-4hours, my CPU going to 99% when I do the same things !!

I've change to a HP Notebook, Dual Core2 2.00ghz CPU, 2gb DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (512mb) with an internal 5400 100gb HDD and an External 7200 100Gb HDD. Having my first gig yesterday with this setup and I never see my CPU going over 89% !!! Even if I analyze music when playing videos !!!

It's personnal, but I never use AMD CPU !!

Pascal

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:38 am
I use a ASUS P4P800-VM mother board, P4 3.0g, Hyper threading 800 FSB, 1 gig ram, nVidia 6600 AGP, Waveterminal 192L sound card, 2WD internal 120g 7200rpm for mp3, 1 WD Internal 60g 7200rpm for programs, 2 WD external 500g 7200rpm for vob videos. I am in the club 5 days a week, 7 hours a day, audio and video, running multiple effects at the same time, both players in the mix and the samples playing, online with my cell phone as a broadband router, paying bills, printing receipts, ordering DJ equipment, analyzing tracks, ripping music, minimizing the program to check other programs. Because I am online, my Zone Alarm security suite is up and running full speed. Sometimes, it will run a spyware/virus scan, but if I catch it, I will stop it. Oh, I forgot. When I do my mobile gigs, I am online, downloading tracks, and using Rhapsody to play music with my onboard sound card. Some times, I can do this for 15 hours, when I do a double in the club. I do not have any problems with this program.

Can I crash this program, yes I can. However, I have never crashed this program at a mobile gig. That's because I know what works, and what doesn't. Now I will tell you how I can crash this program, on my machine.

When I am in the mix, with both players playing, and using sound effects on both players, at the same time, back and forth, and then a certain Sonique visual comes on, and bam. Crash. So, how do I avoid a crash? I DON'T GO CRAZY WHEN I AM USING THE SONIQUE VISUALS The Sonique visuals are hogs, some more then others. I have even deleted some, and should delete a few more, but I like them. Some of them also slow down the machine when going from folder to folder. These plug ins are provided by members, not the company, so I don't blame the software. So, that is my only issue, and I can avoid it.

So, I understand you are having problems, I just don't have them.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 10:36 am
A Man and His Music....thanks for the reply. You didn't mention whether you did any Karaoke. I know the visualizations are hogs, some of them more than others. Like you, I deleted several of them, the ones that worked my cpu over 50%. But I would like to know if you do any Karaoke? The things that tend to crash the program for me are MP3's with visualizations and MP3+G's (sometimes with visuals and sometimes without).

Thanks again, I appreciate your input.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:08 pm
I have an HP nw9440 notebook. Its a Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, 512MB Nvidia Quadro 1500M video, 80GB SATA HD (I upgraded to a 160GB internal drive). I run with a MK2 controller and I only work with videos.

Program works very well for me. It never slows down or "freezes" for the sake of freezing. In 7 months of using it three times a week, I may have had 3 or 4 blue screens though. I am not sure why the blue screens happen. I haven't been able to isolate it.

But the blue screens don't bother me enough because they happen very infrequently. I can run VDJ for 10 hours straight, I can rip DVDs in the background, I can browse the web, I can work in MS Office... all at the same time. My CPU usuage (when not loading a video) is always very low. I can also run the Sonique visuals, AND have them run in slideshow mode switching to a new visual every few seconds. I am quite pleased.

Also keep in mind... I dual boot my laptop XP and Vista. I run VDJ on Vista... and nothing else (besides MS Office, DVD Decrypter, and TMPG Express). This allows me to keep my registry nice and clean. If I notice something is funky... I don't screw around and wipe the XP partition clean with Norton Ghost.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 5:14 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :
I have an HP nw9440 notebook. Its a Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, 512MB Nvidia Quadro 1500M video, 80GB SATA HD (I upgraded to a 160GB internal drive). I run with a MK2 controller and I only work with videos.

CanSpoilU

I have no problem running videos either. I can run them 24 hours without a problem. Most of the crashing (about 90%) comes from playing MP3+G's.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 7:31 pm
No karaoke for me, but mp3 and visuals all day and night. Why are you still using an old version?

Mensajes Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 9:53 pm
I run Karaoke and MP3s and I plan on one crash a night. I changed and upgraded four different lap to PC and I still crash. Seems to be the nature of the beast. The blue screen I was told has to do with the op and a conflict with hardware. I've stop messing around with all the bells and whistle for the costumers until I have time to sit down with a note pad and try to resolve my crashes.

You should also setup you system, take notes, find the visual that cause the lock up or crash and delete them. If you get a blue screen "Dumping” quickly read it. It will give you a code that will help you solve the blue screen. the screen doesn’t last long so write fast. You can't pause it.

good luck and keep us updated. your not alone on this one.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 10:57 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes you can pause it ;)
Click right click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Settings> and untick "Automatically Restart" and it will stay and you can read it.
If you have blue screen, let me know what is reporting to try to help you.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 12:09 pm
Well, I want to thank everyone for their input. After about a year of frustration with 2 different programs crashing on me, I think I found the problem. A 'computer guru' friend of mine told me several monthes ago that he thought it was a memory leak...maybe the programs, possibly the memory in my comp. Knowing that my computer was new....everything, memory, mobo, etc., I couldn't find myself believing that my memory was bad. 3 weeks ago, I added another memory chip (1 GIG), thinking maybe I didn't have enough mem.....didn't solve anything. After reloading windows last week, and reinstalling everything, I had problems with the blue screen, even reinstalling windows. Soooooo, I shut it down and pulled the older memory chip and fired it back up. Voila!!! It hasn't crashed since and I've analyzed about 4000 songs, ran mp3+g's with visualizations for about 6 hours. I tried everything to get it to crash....didn't do it. Did my gig tonight using the visuals.....no crashes!! I'll let you know after the next 2 nights when I really mix it up. But, I really think it's fixed. Sometimes, I guess, even if the stuff is new, it can be bad. I really need to apologize to the VDJ dev team. In the last few monthes, I said some pretty harsh things about VDJ and it looks like it wasn't true.....I'm a-hopin'...I'll let you know.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:20 am
Hope everything works out for you. Can you have the memory chip tested, to if it is indeed bad? Keep us informed.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:15 am
Well, either the chip is bad, the memory slot or the memory processor. It's probably the chip. I sent the chip back to Kingston...their going to send me a new one. I ran VDJ pretty hard this week for 3 nights, plus one day, about a total of 20 hours and it did crash once. Usually, it would crash at least 4 times in that period. So, it's better but not perfect.

Mensajes Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 8:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)