Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: M-Audio Xponent & VDJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So finally we have a hardware controller that looks as if it was designed for VDJ and thus I'm really excited. What's sort of suprising since I haven't followed other dj programs lately is that it's not for VDJ?! Looks like some other company pretty much 1:1 imitated the VDJ and took the best ideas from the forums (rewire, vsts and so on).

Now assuming someone here has actually tried it

1) how's the controller itself? I don't give that much about looks or chassis material but the feel, responsiveness and so on of the buttons faders and knobs is something to care about.

And is there lot of functionality in the controller that doesn't work in VDJ? I assume the channel level meters may not work without some coding? And if you have anything to note about the sound quality/stability of drivers etc that'd be great.

2) how does the included software compare to VDJ

Mensajes Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 4:56 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
This is good controller and you can use it with VDJ via MIDI mapping but for full functionality native support is needed. It might came in future updates.

Mensajes Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 1:21 pm
I just saw that thread about the Behringer 4 channel mixer with (probably) midi output - at almost half the price.

Think I'll just hold off on buying as I already do software beta testing and ever since firmware upgrades became feasible on HW the hardware companies are doing all their testing on customers... Given the ridiculous amount of features on the Behringer DDM4000 and the toy looking faders on the Xponent it would seem both companies are trying to get markets outside their home turf (may not know how it should work yet or what material to use) and will probably see a revision or two before it works as advertised.

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 3:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)