Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: MAYA 44 USB &MK2 - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
HKNYC wrote :
I went and downloaded new drivers for the maya seems to be working ok now. And I disabled the crossfader so whats next?

Now you will use your mixer for all PREVIEW functions. Headphone plugged into the jack on the mixer and use the PFL/CUE button on the mixer to listen to the channel. Use the mixer as normal.

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:09 am
When I open VDJ now it says my music database is corrupt and everytime I close it and start it again all the BPM info is gone. All seems to be working ok , but I cant use the fader on my external mixer. I doesnt do anyting , I have to use the volume faders to mix? What should I do

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 6:49 pm
HKNYC wrote :
When I open VDJ now it says my music database is corrupt and everytime I close it and start it again all the BPM info is gone. All seems to be working ok , but I cant use the fader on my external mixer. I doesnt do anyting , I have to use the volume faders to mix? What should I do

If you don't have allot of analyzed tracks with CUE points then just delete the --

C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\VirtualDJ Database (_______).xml

file and let VDJ rebuild it. Your computer user name will show in the parenthesis. If you do have allot of scanned files - Download this utility to fix your database - please read the - readme_runVDJ.txt - file for how to use it. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2560

As to your other question about your MIXER - read the manual and check the crossfader selection settings for what channels the crossfader manipulates on the mixer. Check the crossfader assign switch on each channel just to the left of the channels volume fader next to the EQ button.

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 6:58 pm
My bad ,I got the crossfader part worked out too!

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:16 pm
Ok I deleted the xml file, but it continues to do the same thing? It still open up VDJ and reads internal database corrupted

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:26 pm
Which file did you delete?

Better yet since you are comfortable in deleting the DB
-- Make sure VDJ is closed
-- Delete all the XML files that start with - VirtualDJ Database - that are in the C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder
-- Open VDJ

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:54 pm
It was only one file that contained anything with vdj database.xml, I deleted that and nothing has changed.

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:33 pm
Also after I dj for awhile VDJ stops reading the timecode and my decks wont control VDJ. I have to do a restart of VDJ, what do you think that is? Not to mention I still dont get a reading from the timecode signal in cthe control panel ,weird but it plays for awhile

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:37 pm
when you did the TimeCode configuration - did you get 100% signal quality?
And how do you have your Turntables grounded? To the Mixer?

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:48 pm
No I didnt have 100% timecode I never did after installing maya. And I dont need to ground them as I have cd decks not vinyl

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:56 pm
What brand are the CD Players? This will influence what the INPUT level is for the MAYA? If they are Pioneers or DENON most models send a really strong signal so what you may need to do is in the MAYA Control Panel bring the INPUT level to about 30-40% level. Then in the the VDJ TimeCode config run the AUTO Config and you should now get 100% quality.

Also if things still are 'too loud' on the signal - you may want to look at using the tool in this thread and burn new TCCDs
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/73431/Hardware_Technical_Support/CD_TimeCode_Utility(Use_if_your_timecode_is_to_loud).html

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 1:31 am
That did the trick dude! It worked, I had to lower ther inputs on the maya. Ok, all is well all I have to figure out now is the corrupt database in VDJ.

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 9:09 am
Scratch the database problem ,fixed that also. I finally think I have everything in perfect working condition, glitch free. Man you dont understand how long this has been going for, since late january when I bought my new laptop w/Vista. I can finally move on now thank you for your help and patience. I will let you know if their are anymore problems.

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 9:49 am
WOOOOHH WHOOOO! Glad to hear we got that straight! Now, we have left the MK2 out of the picture or have you messed with it? Or at this point don't care?

Just a suggestion - DO NOT add it back in - I can recommend a better MIDI controller that is at just about $100 that will give you just the things you need to control key elements of the VDJ software. The problem is it is hard to find and it's BIG brother is an alternative AND E-BAY that MK2.

Take a look at this - very simple to setup in VDJ --
---- http://www.audiolines.com/product.php?productid=11270 - $50
BTW - it's the only one I found. It is discontinued but a great device.

Now the BIG brother is the X-Session PRO - don't like the design but you might - again about $100

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-XSession-USB-MIDI-Control-Surface-with-Cross-Fader?sku=700423V&src=3WFRWXX

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 3:48 pm
Good looking Cstoll, I actually would like to start weaning myself off the MK2. Im going to try using this external mixer for awhile and see if I can get use to it this way. The MK2 at this point is doing what i need to do , just to control VDJ . At this point I dont really want the jog wheels anymore , they've become useless now. I like that XSESSIONS good option , I just dont like where the fader is. Let me ask you this ,do you happen to know any external mixers that you can use VDJ with? In other words totally eliminate these little toy interfaces. That would be cool, a regular external mixer that allows you to mix normally and also optional to add Dj software. Do you know of anything similar ?

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 7:28 pm

Mensajes Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 9:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)