Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Speaker Questions...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone,

I've been researching prices on powered speakers recently and have seen to have found some good ones (that also are price-tag friendly) -- the Behringer B215a's. After this research, I am well aware that $250 apiece isn't a bad price by any means for 15" speakers.

I am going to have my first gig in a few months and I'm on a tight budget, so every dollar counts. I'm not totally against spending the $500 for the new b215a's, but I was also wondering about two other options, and if they were suitable or not:

Option 1) Find used B215a's. As long as they're in working order, I'm completely fine with this option, but I haven't found any stores (yet) on the net that sell these particular speakers -- even eBay...

Option 2) Go for the B212a's. I'm kind of wary about this option because of the woofer size. Is 12" severely underpowered as opposed to the 15"ers? Would this be something that I would have to upgrade a short while afterward if I became more serious just because they don't produce enough bass on their own?

Also, I'm not going really for ground-shaking, bone-rattling bass... I just need a speaker that can survive in 3-4+ hour stretches that sounds decent (I mostly do rap/hip-hop mixes). Give that, though, if I figured that the B215a's were the way to go, do the B215a's provide enough bass without a sub?

I'm sorry for these questions, but I'm very far away from the nearest audio shop and can't give these speakers a listen myself at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you feel that I've gone astray (even with my speaker choices), please give me a holler.

Thanks!
Chris

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 3:49 am
if u can a good pair used...by all means.

I would get the 15's.....but plan to buy @least one sub in the future. ASAP

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 4:24 am
chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the response. Can you direct me to anywhere that I may find a used pair?

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:39 am
nah...but thats one thing i wouldn't buy used from ebay....a speaker

everyone has different ears

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:41 am
If you want to get a good pair of powered speakers without breaking your wallet, go to www.Carvin.Com i had a pair of jbl eons and they sounded ok but carvins sound alot better. Ive been dj ying for 2o yeras and these speakers are really good. For example JBL eon 225 watts and 900 watts peak. price is 399 each. Carvin LM 15 475 watts and 950 peak price is 239 and sound alot better. These are for the non powered. The powered ones are 399 for the 12 inch and 439 for the 15 inch. The reason why the speakers are cheap is because they sell directly to you from the factory. Check out this website. It will be your favorite site for speakers and bass bottoms

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 6:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)