Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: C'mon!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

First off, I just want to say, I am a major fan and owner of Virtual DJ. I think it is the easiest, best DJ software on the market. I am in the middle of a mix, so I'll try to make this quick.

This all has to do with the MAC version of Virtual DJ...

I have been mixing a set for over an hour, and I have encountered some major issues with virtual DJ. For some reason the beat display has gradually gotten ahead of the song. For a while, this doesn't change my recording, but it screws up the app after a bit. If it has gotten ahead, a some point either in the mix or in the next song I will hear weird audio feedback. I have to quit virtual DJ when this happens because my set sounds like crap.

Now really, does it sound like I'm making a "live" mix if I am quitting Virtual DJ and restarting it so I can mix that spot over again? I have to open up soundtrack after I am finished, and link all the mp3s together so I can call it a continuous mix.......?

I am not a total noob at DJing, I know how to mix, adjust levels, whatever. I just seriously hope that stuff like this igets fixed, and soon. :) I'm not asking for technical support, I am hoping that we will see a stable update to the mac version of VDJ soon.

When this song runs out, I'll have to combine 4 independent mp3s! X(

I'm sorry I may sound like an annoying customer, but I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I would never want to mix something live at a party and have to quit VDJ in the middle.

Thanks,
DJ RPG

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 6:07 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what mac do you use ?

update for mac is aslo comming soon should fix some issues :)

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:21 pm
apple macbook pro 15"

the one that was just introduced this June (2.2Ghz I believe)

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 11:10 pm
I want to congratulate you Ryan2288 for the shortest, yet most accurate summation of everyone's feelings in regards to the Mac version of VDJ/VV in a thread title ever. =P

According to norway and cel there is a major update for VDJ/VV Mac coming very soon.

We're all laying in wait with you for the actual 1.0 version of VDJ/VV Mac.

Hang in there!

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Mensajes Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 1:32 am
lol

We need a TEAMER post pls! :)

Mensajes Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 1:35 am
Ryan2288 wrote :
For some reason the beat display has gradually gotten ahead of the song.

Not sure if this specific problem is MAC related only. I've seen the beat display get ahead of the song before on a non-MAC version. Whatever it is, MAC only or not, let's hope it gets fixed.

Mensajes Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 5:56 pm
Here's a few more problems I've encountered over the past two months:

Even with a legit pro copy of Virtual DJ, sometimes after a few weeks I open up the program and start mixing, only to find that the software is laggy. The song has little clicks or pops or (most of the time) the beat starts to lag. A song at 138 BPM adjusted down to 132 will vary its tempo from beat to beat. It may go slow for a couple beats, then go back to the adjusted BPM. I can't fix this by adjusting the performance stuff, I have to fully reinstall Virtual DJ. Once all the Virtual DJ files from everywhere on the computer have been replaced (besides the database), I open up the program and it works perfectly under the exact same high performance settings......?

Another:
Sometimes while I'm mixing, a song will lower in volume from a loud, bassy section to a quite, peaceful part. When listening intently to the song on headphones, I hear some feedback, which distracts me from the feeling of the song. The feedback, unfortunately, only stays for the quite part, thus wrecking that part of the song.

Once again, I am not posting all this because I am looking for technical support. I know how to adjust performance settings, change options, and reinstall Virtual DJ. I just hope that the customers, myself included, see a much more stable update to Virtual DJ as soon as possible, and on both platforms.

It's great software, but it needs an update :)

DJ RPG

Mensajes Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 6:24 pm
Ryan2288 wrote :
lol

I tell ya .. whos this Mac Ambassador guy? lol j/k .. Quest is a BIG help to VDJ and VDJ Customers :-))

Mensajes Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 7:04 pm
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Ryan2288 wrote :
lol

I tell ya .. whos this Mac Ambassador guy? lol j/k .. Quest is a BIG help to VDJ and VDJ Customers :-))

I was thinking the same thing.

Who is that guy?!!!

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 2:57 am
I wouldn't doubt that ConQuest is awesome, but I think I'm looking for an employee to tell me when VDJ is going to be updated :D

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 3:00 am
Ryan2288 wrote :
I wouldn't doubt that ConQuest is awesome, but I think I'm looking for an employee to tell me when VDJ is going to be updated :D

Unfortunately I, nor they, can or will tell you that.

"Soon" and "it's done when it's done" is all you'll get for the time being from anyone, but this next update is major and will be worth the wait.

Gotta go to my gig now. Talk to you later! =)

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 6:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)