Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Another mouse tewak :D

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Asian mouse tweak :D

It would be good to use the wheel for MIDI output...

I've got an optical mouse to try with, but I don't read anything on the optical chip, so i can't find any info, and PS/2 handling doesn't work with the implementations I've found over the Net :(
It would be better to use the X-Y optical info to avoid friction...

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:14 pm

pretty cool ;)

would be fun to test that with VDJ

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:17 pm
I was thinking a while back if it is possible to build a budget XP10 using similar methods such as this. By looking at your blog (TexZK) it seems you already are quite the genius with midi, good work by the way. If you ever do come up with a cheap way to implement touch sensitive jogs, whether it's using a mousewheel/ball or other method I'll buy you a beer ;-)

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 6:26 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm glad you appreciate my first (and last) MIDI device :)

I don't know how to make touch sensitive jogs, even if I know how they work a bit.
As for the encoder, an optical one would be good, instead of the mechanical one (mousewheel) which intriduces a huge amount of friction. I'll try with my old mouse one, I hope to get some good results (it's very simple). An optical encoder, like the XP10 one, costs about €40-€50... you can understand why it's so damned good!!!

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 6:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)