Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: noobie 2 VDJ & hardware

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

FYI, I did a search and found nothing on this, therefore I am posting =)

So, I have been messing with a demo of VdJ and I am interested in stepping up to the next level. I was searching around the network and came across Hercules site which has hardware supporting VDJ. Wow, this is fantastic, something that emulates mixing, how cool. Now I am a rookie of course and I am not looking @ anything hardkore here, but I was looking @ the "DJ Control MP3" unit. The price is right, it is practical for my needs. Not as fancy as the other unit "DJ Console MK2" but for what I am doing, I think the DJ Control MP3 could work well. Now, I have been reading some specs on the DJ Control MP3 unit, and of course, I have some questions =)

(1) Has anyone here used the DJ Control MP3 unit? If so, how was the performance?

(2) Were you still able to access the virtual console through your computer as well as the hardware-based unit?

(3) what version of VDJ will the DJ Control MP3 support? I have read V.3, is this correct or will it support later versions of the software?

(4) Recommended soundcards for this task? Currently I am running a SBL 24-bit ( basic sound, but decent ) and I am looking to upgrade to a Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi - suggestions?

(5) Performance wise, aside from all the extras on the DJ Console MK2, is it really that much better than the DJ Control MP3 or are they considerably matched?

A few questions, I will check back in soon. I hope to hear some positive feedback one way or another =)

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 7:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. yes it is based on the old mk1 console , so the buttons still have the sticking problem the old console had ,

2. aslong as the consoles attached you can use the software with your mouse or keyboard aswell

3. any current version

4. what do you wish to achive with your card?

5. the mk2 has newer better buttons , its better constructed , had it for a year and a bit now hasnt failed me yet :)

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 11:28 am
skyfxl wrote :
1. yes it is based on the old mk1 console , so the buttons still have the sticking problem the old console had ,

2. aslong as the consoles attached you can use the software with your mouse or keyboard aswell

3. any current version

4. what do you wish to achive with your card?

5. the mk2 has newer better buttons , its better constructed , had it for a year and a bit now hasnt failed me yet :)

I would go with the MK2 as it has a built in soundcard and comes with the Home Version of VDJ and will get you started. You will definately want to upgrade to Pro with the discount to take advantage of more features and options.

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 11:40 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
The difference between the MP3 and the Mk2 is that the MK2 already has a sound card in it so you won't need to buy another one.

You will get VDJ 3.4 (I still use this version) with the MK2 also so you will be fully up and running.

Not sure where you are but Amazon in the UK do next day delivery

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 3:58 pm
discobrian24, the built in sound is not a selling point for me. I would rather have a more " hardware selective " sound device myself, thanx though =).

skyfxl, when you say " so the buttons still have the sticking problem the old console had " does this mean in general, are we talking a certain set of buttons? Are the knobs/buttons/sliderz not as responsive as one would desire for a clean mix and proper timing input? As for sound, I was really thinking about the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 which is generally a decent card all around. The price is reasonable and it offers some features I really like ( plus it looks way cool =D ) This DJing thing is a hobby, nothing more. I amuse myself with it from time to time, mix my girlfriend some of her favorite house jams. Basic stuff like that. I mean ...... There are some features on the MK2 that are clearly better. But skyfxl explained " better construction " so I am taking it that the bells are whistles are more responsive. Anything to add? Am I wrong somewhere? Your comments are always welcomed =)

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 8:06 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Built sound card in MK2 is very good and it has all you need. If you want to go with Audiotrak, than consider Numark Total Control.

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 8:15 pm
the knobs should be fine so should the slider its the cue and play , and fx buttons which stick and can get stuck during a set or become unresponsive its one of the main reasons they made a mk2

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 8:59 pm
Not too shabby skyfxl ......... However, I am interested in DJ-Alfs suggestion which brings a new set of questions such as:

(1) Will VDJ work with any hardware or is it designed for specifics?
(2) If it will only work with certain hardware ( mixing units, USB based - please correct me when I am wrong, this thread is titled n00bie for a reason ) is there a list of supported or recommended hardware I can view?

DJ Alf, I really like this suggestion. The layout of the Numark Total Control. A bit more practical. However, have you worked with Audiotrak cards before? I am still listening to the suggestions here so please keep chatting =)

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 9:59 pm

Mensajes Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 10:19 pm
Simple question: I am evaluating the specs, reviews + pros & cons on a few units

(1) DJ Console Mk2
(2) numark Total Control

Now, I have been looking @ the system reqs on these units and I mainly see this: Pen III/Athlon 1.0 gig, 512mb, WinXP SP2.

Well, I don't run XP on my boxes, I simply refuse to upgrade. I am on Win2kpro (very solid ) but I am wondering, is XP really a requirement or is it just stating that because it seems to be the preferred MS O/S? The specs they are giving are in the very early days of XP when 2k still ruled the world. Aside from the Wifi and some smaller bells/whistles, XP and 2K are comparable. Now, I have a camera that refuses to use some of its function on 2k and if I would have realized this before hand, I would not have made the purchase. Any input on this? BTW, is this place PMing capable?

Mensajes Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 4:43 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It should work on Win2000, but XP is recommended. If you can update your Direct X to the latest (June 2007) on Win2000, than I suggest you to try at least.
Windows 2000 never ruled the world, Win 98 did and XP is ruling now. I think that Vista will never reach XP in sales and global use.
I never used Audiotrack, sorry, I have SB Live 5.1 USB and now I use Hercules MK2 built one inside and it is working perfect for me.
Suggested audio cards are Maya 44, ESI U46DJMK2 or Numark DJ//IO.
Since I still have old SB Live I am thinking of selling MK2 and get Total Control, but I like my MK2 so much :)) Will see.
And yes, this place have Private Messaging, but it is reserved for Pro license users only. When you became one, you will have it too ;)
Regards

Mensajes Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 5:29 am
Just wanna make sure I have this straight. VDJ ( all versions ) will virtually work with any midi-based hardware mixer ( thanx skyfxl ) on the market such as M-audio, Behringer, Hecules, numark and so on ( unless specified otherwise of course ). Is there any other suggestions or recommendations anyone as for me before researching continue further research, or maybe something I have over looked / need to know? Also ...... and I just wanna make sure I don't step on any toes but is it discuss other mixers that is not Hercules-based here? It is polite to ask before posting =)

Mensajes Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 8:01 am
BTW, Thanx to everyone who has taken the time out to help me answer these questions, it is mucho appreciated =)

Mensajes Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 8:02 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)