Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Using TCCD with Numark Cue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have the Hercules DJ console Mk2 that I use as a controller and a soundcard, I've used timecoded cd's using virtual dj home and trial. I even used asio4all as the drivers when I had problems with the console driver in asio mode. I noticed cue, v4.3, and the console worked with macs so just I bought a macbook pro and I bought cue.

I just clicked timecodes in cue and the only available soundcard is virtualvinyl. is virtualvinyl the only soundcard that works with cue? Or is this because the djconsole is not an asio soundcard on the mac? if so, how can I make the djconsole and asio soundcard?

do asio4all drivers work on mac? how can I get them?

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 3:23 am
Currently the only soundcard available for timecode use for the Mac version of VDJ is....

<-------- Virtual Vinyl

May change in the next few days if the Mac version gets the 5.0 update.

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 5:22 am
that's not what I like to hear :-(

in the meantime, is there any way to work around this so I can still use the tc?

To all people who are thinking about crossing over from pc to mac:
DON'T DO IT
just upgrade your crappy pc.

thanks for the quick reply btw

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:30 am
Well, I am using timecode but I have the Virtual Vinyl Package. I'm not using the Mac version though, I'm using Windows XP via Bootcamp. Look through the forums and you'll find options. or hang tight for a few days and see what this update brings...

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:41 am
One thing i would like to add is that i think that Numark were stupid not to inc a sound card in there controller! all it did was put myself and a load of others off buying it, have you seen the bedroom DJ effort of a sound card there trying to sell with the controller. I just think if all your gear was as naff, cheap n plastic as that it would be like playing at been a DJ.

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 9:56 am
The current controllers are good but it would be nice to see a rack version also so that the pro could have the stand alone unit to take with him to clubs and the rackmount version as part of a system that hosted his own gigs with.

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 9:59 am
they wanna sell those DJ I/O sound cards (garbage) so they take it out of a much better controller. The only new controller / soundcard is made by behringer (garbage) which is a shame. unless of course you do a few parties, stack a couple grand and buy the Mackie, Allen & Heath, or the new Korg midi / interface / mixers...

there's nothing for us mid range users. People who want to keep our mixers, and our controllers, and our sound cards, but want simplicity when it comes to space.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:23 am
mcnutty wrote :
To all people who are thinking about crossing over from pc to mac:
DON'T DO IT
just upgrade your crappy pc.

I imagine you're just speaking out of anger and frustration for not having a Mac solution for your particular equipment right now despite the fact that you will have it very soon. I imagine that you're also speaking specifically about not switching from windows to Mac for right now in terms of Atomix's support for the Mac platform with their current products.

If you were speaking in general and telling people not to switch from windows to Mac, well, you're wasting your time:

"The Intel-Mac Explosion"

Why should developers and publishers consider the Mac market? In the last quarter alone, Apple shipped over 1.5 million Macs, generating the most profitable quarter in Apple's history. Apple's financial results represent growth of 36%, more than three times the industry growth rate with analysts forecasting an installed base in excess of 12 million Intel Macs by the end of 2007. A poll of Mac purchasers conducted by Apple shows that nearly 50% of buyers are new to Mac which implies that more and more Windows users are switching to Mac."

Plus anyone can always throw crappy windows on their Intel Mac if they have to and have a 2 in 1 computer. That way when windows takes the dump of microsoftian proportians that is inevitable for the majority of users, they at least will still have the Mac side of their computer up and running.

Do you see any threads on our Mac forums about having to re-install Mac OS X for any reason?

I thought not. ;)

Now go check the windows pc forums and see if re-installing windows is a common practice.

I thought so. ;)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:54 am
out of frustration... maybe. But not for nothing, I\'m using a 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM. I have an HP Pavilion DV5130US laptop 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64 (single core) with 1GB RAM. They both have a 15.4\" widescreen

I UNDERSTAND that this is a work in progress. However, on my Mac, when a song is playing, and I load the other deck, the whole program freezes until it finishes loading (even pre-analyzed files), then it continues. I\'ve never had a CPU overload problem on the HP even though it\'s a single core with less RAM. Shouldn\'t Mac be faster regardless of how stable the code is?

And BTW, I had to resintall the Mac OSX. Why? LOL partly my fault. but isn\'t that the case 90% of the time? I resized the dns-3500 skin to fit 1280x800 resolution (the only skin I like to use, it\'s a shame it doesn\'t have a widescreen version for laptops) and apparently the skin resizer didn\'t work. When I clicked it, Cue shut down and said internal database is corrupt. Unlike a PC (where I can just click uninstall, and delete Cue from the registry), I deleted and reinstalled Cue several times with no results. My only solution was to reinstall the OSX. Any mac techs let me know what I can do if that ever happens again... (I like to be able to troubleshoot my computer by myself, not having to send it to apple)

I really think the idea of Mac superiority is all in your head. I guess I just have to have a horrible PC catastrophe before I can learn to appreciate a Mac properly. So far, never had a PC problem, so I\'m not impressed. My statement stands... to any one who is on the fence. Anyone who is comfortable with their PC but is curious to if Mac will be better than perfect... they should upgrade their RAM and stick with what they got. Mac users and people with PC\'s out of VDJ/Cue\'s range of course should consider the new alternative.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:29 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
oh no!

should that happen again

just delete this file then reinstall

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

may be com.atomixproductions.cue.plist aslo

to ensure the settings which may be causing issues are deleted aslo

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:45 am
aaaaaaah... learn somethin new everyday. gracias

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:54 am
mcnutty wrote :

And BTW, I had to resintall the Mac OSX. Why? LOL partly my fault. but isn't that the case 90% of the time?

No it's not when it comes to windows, but yes, you have to have really tried hard to mess something up on your Mac that it would require a OS re-install.

windows os re-installs are common because mostly because it's a bloated, unsecure, unstable, generic OS that tries to cover all hardware bases and in doing so, spreads itself thin in terms of the things that makes an OS stable (again; streamlined, secure, stable and optimized code that is seamlessly integrated with the hardware that it is intended for.) THAT is why Macs are far more reliable, even if they are more limited in terms of hardware options.

Apple understands however that their Macs will never satisfy the 5-10% of Do-It-Yourselfers and Modders/Tweakers, but that Macs will satisfy the 90%+ of computer users that want a computer that "just works".

mcnutty wrote :
I resized the dns-3500 skin to fit 1280x800 resolution (the only skin I like to use, it's a shame it doesn't have a widescreen version for laptops) and apparently the skin resizer didn't work. When I clicked it, Cue shut down and said internal database is corrupt. Unlike a PC (where I can just click uninstall, and delete Cue from the registry), I deleted and reinstalled Cue several times with no results. My only solution was to reinstall the OSX. Any mac techs let me know what I can do if that ever happens again... (I like to be able to troubleshoot my computer by myself, not having to send it to apple)

No disrespect (because I am sorry that you went through all that unnecessary trouble), but ... LOL! ;)

Sky just told you in the post above how easy that fix is on Mac OS X. That's just one of the benefits of having a superior, rock solid Unix OS (which is what Mac OS X is) instead of having a clunky, antiquated, registry based windows OS that needs it's hand held at every step and still manages to fall flat on it's face regardless more often than not.

mcnutty wrote :
I really think the idea of Mac superiority is all in your head. I guess I just have to have a horrible PC catastrophe before I can learn to appreciate a Mac properly. So far, never had a PC problem, so I'm not impressed.

You're WAY outnumbered, even if you've happened to be lucky thus far.

It's because the majority of windows users have encountered the windows problems that everyone now knows exists (and that everyone mistakingly used to blame themselves for until the past few years when users started figuring out that they weren't alone in experiencing the same problems over and over again) that windows users are switching by the hundreds of thousands year over year to Mac (400,000+ in '05, 800,000+ in '06, Wall Street estimates 1.2million+ in '07 and easily 2+million in '08). Again, i refer you to the statistics I posted for you in my previous post in this thread. In particular, the very last sentence.

The microsfoft windows problem is microsft's problem that they've managed to get people to believe was them as end users' responsibility to fix. NO!!! It's microsoft's CORPORATE responsibility to not put out severely flawed products that you the end users paid for expecting a reasonable amount of quality control and reliablity that comes from that quality control, and that windows doesn't deliver.

Now go try to find how many Mac users are switching to windows especially now that you can run windows 100% natively on a Mac if anyone needs to (but they're all figuring out that they're tie in to windows is a psychological one that's actually just a name association with microsoft... all these windows to Mac switchers are quickly realizing that they don't need "microsoft" windows - the OS - at all, just "microsoft" Office - the application - which there is a Mac version of and always has been).

THAT is the most common switcher that we're experiencing. The ones who come to buy a Mac because they hear that they can run windows too, and end up dumping windows all together when they find out that Office was all they needed.

For the past year, we've hoped that Apple would release a spreadsheet application as part of it's own office productivity suite called "iWork" which included (for only $79); a) "PAGES" - a complete m$ Word replacement which is completely compatible with Word and WAY better than it as it adds page layout and design capabilities that windows users would have to purchase m$ Frontpage for, and b) "KEYNOTE" - a complete m$ PowerPoint replacement which is completely compatible with PowerPoint and WAY better than it as it incorporates high quality graphics and video features that windows users don't even have an option for in their presentation software... well, maybe they could use MovieMaker because that program (especially when compared to iMovie) is great... LOL!!! ... sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face even though I was typing it. =P ;)

The last component that we needed to break windows users dependency on m$ Office and that was missing from iLife was a spreadsheet application that would replace Excel (which the tech industry said would be the "nail in the coffin" for microsoft if Apple released it) ... and what did we get just this month with iWork '08? "NUMBERS" - http://www.apple.com/iwork/numbers/

The point is mcnutty, that windows' writing is on the wall. The wall that microsoft built and is crumbling right in front of them and directly onto them.

Back on topic:

If you have an issue that you feel that you have to re-install Mac OS X in order to resolve it, DON'T. Just come and ask us here for the "oh-so-much simpler than windows" way to resolve that issue on your Mac. =)

As you saw, and sky pointed out, very often the one click action of deleting a preference file (which simply re-creates a new preference file in its "original state" the next time you open the application thereby letting you "start from scratch" as if you've re-installed the application itself... which is something else that us Mac users don't have to do unlike windows users with their corrupted registries) will be all you need to do to get back on track with your Mac, regardless of why the problem occurred in the first place.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:15 pm
one thing that i do admire about mac users is they stick together. people at my job (i work at guitar center) have embraced me (and called me stupid for reinstalling LOL) and this unlearning curve is what kills me the most. i was thinkin about buying a tablet pc or a usb touchscreen to defeat the need for another controller (to trigger samples, real time beatgrid switching, etc). My drawback is that Vista is beefed up garbage and it\'s hard to find a good tablet pc with xp on it. Any ideas?

you know you\'re gonna have to be my apple care now, cuz i\'m trusting that in september when i start at the club, all my hardware/software worries are taken care of.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 6:29 am
mcnutty wrote :
one thing that i do admire about mac users is they stick together.

Welcome to the Mac community. =)

mcnutty wrote :
people at my job (i work at guitar center) have embraced me (and called me stupid for reinstalling LOL)

Oh well, tihs happens. ;)

mcnutty wrote :
and this unlearning curve is what kills me the most.

That's funny. =D

For the 5+ years that I've been helping people switch from windows to Mac, one of the main things that they always worry about is the perceived learning curve of swithing to a different OS.

I've always told them "it's not so much that you have to learn Mac, it's more that you're gonna have to unlearn windows and all the unnecessary hoops and hurdles that that unintuitive OS makes you jump through to make simple things difficult".

mcnutty wrote :
i was thinkin about buying a tablet pc or a usb touchscreen to defeat the need for another controller (to trigger samples, real time beatgrid switching, etc). My drawback is that Vista is beefed up garbage and it's hard to find a good tablet pc with xp on it. Any ideas?

I've been thinking about doing this with a Mac since last year. Last Friday I was just telling dj-in-norway that I was now thinking of getting one of the new iMacs and picking up where I left off last year when I was researching these touchscreen overlay to eliminate the need for a keyboard and mouse: http://touchscreens.com/mt1921pc-usb-b.html

The only problem with that particular solution right now is that the 20" touchscreen overlay only comes in 4:3 aspect ratio and not in 16:9/16:10 widescreen format so I have to look into it further.

I don't have any advice for you on a windows based product.

mcnutty wrote :
you know you're gonna have to be my apple care now, cuz i'm trusting that in september when i start at the club, all my hardware/software worries are taken care of.

You've got plenty of Mac users here that can help you, but I'll certainly help when I can. We're all VDJ/Cue user too (Mac or windows), so I'm confident that between us all you'll get the answers that you need.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)