Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Told to reinstall VDJ, will I lose???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been using the VDJ for over six months now and really enjoy it. It has burped a couple times , sync button locked three times but other than that , it has worked great.
I have a slight issue of Late.... (using mainly for Karaoke) I noticed that when i automix a song (by hitting the Alt/space keys... that a small window automatically opens in the upper left corner, it is a nusance... when this window is open, I have lost control of my keyboard functions, to control the VDJ player ... its like its stuck in the Search Box, in typing mode. I was told to reinstall VDJ (I think I'm on one of the later version 4.1 maybe. I don't want to screw things up and lose my virtual folders or playlist.

Please advise how to rid myself of the pesky window, thanks Michael aka, dj'd back when Vinyl had an actual song on it. haha

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:13 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what does this little window look like ?

does it have a little play symbol on it
if so thats the preview window perhaps you have set a keyboard shortcut to this
if not, its
probably best to install 4.3

be sure to back up your cues

by going to C:/programfiles/virtualdj

back up virtualdjdatbase.xml

virtualdjdatabase(username).xml

mp3database.txt

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:20 pm
thanks skyfxl, its a useless window, like open , min, max (but open what , min what , max what ) i just click my mouse and it goes away until i auto mix again and there it is again (removing control of player. I checked my shortcuts and took out all involving the alt/ key... except alt/space = automix.

this was from an earlier post :
Also having a situation with my cursor turning larger (from small arrow to larger arrow) when i auto mix using Alt/ Space... a little window in the upper left corner of screen shows restore/ move / close / maximize/ min , when it is in this particular mode ... it will not allow me to control the space bar to play, or the alt/ space to force fade.... its like its in a typing mode and will not control player funtion.

I will use your guidelines to save my cues and playlist and virtual folders. I just don't want to take a chance and therefore start over again.

thanks and I'll try to look at my other message about the little window.

PS is there a way to check and see only my messages. thanks Michael

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:29 pm
Just make a new shortcut for mix and try that first, but if you are gonna reinstall copy and save your database files somewhere safe first

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 2:53 am
You may have a program running in the background which has assigned itself those keypresses as global hotkeys. Try that key combination without having VirtualDJ open to find out if the problem actually is something within VirtualDJ (e.g. a plugin) or whether it's originating from an external source.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 3:08 am
When you press the "Alt" key, in most applications it will open the menu of the program that you're in. VDJ has no exception to this rule and will pop up that window every time you press "Alt" (or at least it should).

Your best bet is to change the shortcut that you use for it to something that doesn't involve the "Alt" key.

Also, when your Beat-Sync locks, try pressing "B" on the keyboard with the offending deck set as the active one. This usually unlocks it from it's sticky holding!

Steve.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 4:04 am
After rereading the initial post, steve_djdawson is completely correct. alt+space is a universal windows shortcut to bring up an applications window controls.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 4:19 am
Well the beat locked again and because of your suggestions , i figured it out... I was in player mode (not typing a search) and thought I was searching... well the song was God Bless the Child , you guessed it ... when i hit the B key...it locked , until i hit the B again ... yet not in the typing mode. Still trying to get rid of the little window , will try your suggestions.
thanks again. Michael

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 8:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)