Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Can This Be Done ????

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I know alot of DJ have been moaning about the stability 0f virual DJ.....

But I still think this is by far the best product fo the future of DJing due to its video and karaoke modes.

Which brings me on to the problem / questions I have

Lets say I have 3 esata drives ... 1) DJ music ... 2) Karaoke ... 3) Music Video

I now have 3 drives with 3 types of music media

When I add the 3 above drives to the Virual DJ Database and search for a song lets say

I will survive... It may come up 5 times with karaoke, 1 time on the video drive and 4 times on my DJ drive.

If i am lets say just doing karaoke I want to filter DJ & Video Drive from listing when I do searches and vice versa when I am DJing

Can this be done or can you have 3 database One for DJ / Karaoke / Video that can ve searched seperatley

regards

John

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 3:37 pm
You can add each directory to your favourites and once they're there, rightclick on the directory and select recurse. You can then search in this favourite directory only. By rightclicking and adding to search db it will search between all files.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 3:53 pm
The above method will work, but using the recurse option (which will search all sub-folders of the one you choose) can take extra time if there is a lot of media to search through.

If there are no sub-folders on the drives, and all of the music/karaoke/video files are all in the root of the drive, you can as stated above, add each drive as a favourite, but skip the recurse option as there will be no need for VDJ to go looking into the sub folders.

Alternatively, you could have play lists generated of each drives media, and then use these instead of searching through the drives. This will take a bit more preparation work, but won't slow down your computer as much when it needs to look through all the folders, as all of the directories and filenames are stored within the play lists.

The last method you could take with this is to make use of VirtualDJ's Virtual Folders. By creating three new virtual folders "Music" "Karaoke" and "Videos" respectively, you can then add all of your media from each of the three drives into different folders. As with the play list method above, this variation takes more preparation, but reduces the seek time on your hard drive considerably.

Steve.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 7:16 pm
It will be much easier when version 5 drops. That is all I can say about that. However, you will not be able to enjoy that feature, because it is free only to registered users.

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 12:52 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
A Man and His Music wrote :
It will be much easier when version 5 drops. That is all I can say about that. However, you will not be able to enjoy that feature, because it is free only to registered users.

lol AMAHM

Cheers
Kaoz

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 1:45 am
God Has Spoken

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 3:30 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)