Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: recording: cue sheets

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey,

as I questioned before in the General Discussion branch, I have a feature request for 5.1

As I want to use VDJ primarily for some DJing and recording my favortite tunes as set, I used the auto-cut recording feature so that I have separate mp3 files as a mix ...
... now there is that issue that if you choose to cut it in separate files you always end up with tiny gaps when playing these files in a playlist or on a recorded cd / mp3-player. If you choose to leave it as one, you have no chance to skip tracks or "navigate" fast.

My suggestion would be to also add this auto-cut feature to the "record cd" menu, but instead of manually klicking on that little scissor next to it, having the auto-cut option that will write the information of when a crossfade has been completed to a .cue file.
This way, you have the mix as one file (no gaps) and you are still able to add artist/title information to the .cue file. Furthermore, if one wants to have it cut into separate tracks, he or she can still do that with freeware tools, e.g. winamp or so.

How is your opinion on this?

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 6:49 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes good idea.

And even if we don't use freeware programs to cut the file, we still know when the file should be cut, for example when burning the file, we just put in the time for track 1, time for track 2, etc.

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 11:36 pm
MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can someone of the team comment on this, please.
Would be nice if this would make it to the next version.

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 3:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)