Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Can't Overlay Video

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

As shown in the demo video. V5. I can't overlay video. For example, i choose something from clip bank, then activate sonique, and moving the transparency slider has no effect, the sonique only appears when I stop the clip bank. Any ideas?

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 6:56 pm
I have similar problem. I can't work out how to select the playing of more than one video clip simultaneously in ClipBank. I have tried holding down control, shift etc. whilst selecting but am unable to select more than one video clip at the same time. It was demonstrated in the demo of V5 and have watched it closely but it doesn't show how to select more than one! I have check V4 manual and can't find it. Anyone help on this one?

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 3:34 pm
Moderator - DO we need two video cards to do this?

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:15 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi lads

erm have you remembered to press on slideshow when you activate sonique see if that helps...and use transparency slider for desired effect...

Tayla

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:01 pm
Yep, I had tried all that but no effect. Funnily enough, after a restart of the system, mine started doing it OK, strange. Didn't even know you could overlay 2 different loops though, is this correct?

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:01 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just tried slider functions can't get it to fade completely blocked out by clipbank wonder what were doing wrong, at least you should have sonique working, i hope...

Tayla

just noticed your post yeah overlay a few things funny i can't get clipbank to do it, works on other effects logo/slideshow/video and sonique etc...

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:02 pm
PARTIAL FIX & POSSIBLE BUG ALERT:

OK, if I go to config/video and set sonique to play on audio only files (bottom check box) It will NOT over/underlay on loop bank graphics, if i untick the box (bottom check box config/video) then the transparency slider works fine and you CAN do the funky stuff. Can sopmeone please try this to confirm repeatable bug.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:21 pm
hi, yeah, to me it looks like when soniques are selected as automatic for audio files they're automatically sent to the "bottom" of the plugin pile and since you can't make the clipbank semi-transparent you can't see them both at the same time.

It seems though, like tophouse said, if you don't have sonique selected to automatically come on, you can activate the clipbank, then put the soniques on top of that by activating them after clipbank, and then using the "transparency" slider on the sonique page to make both elements visible.

Not sure it's really a "bug" though- there's just no easy way to order the video plugins.

Also, were you saying that you can layer two clips together from the clipbank- if it is how do you do that!?

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:08 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Also, were you saying that you can layer two clips together from the clipbank- if it is how do you do that!?

I can't see how it can be done since clipbank has no transparency slider, yet a poster above says the demo video shows it, i didn't see that, I just saw sonique overlaying.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:36 am
Maybe I am speaking a different language to the rest of this post but no one has answered the problem here. Let me reiterate. I am unable to select more than one clipbank video to run simultaneously. On the video demo it shows it is possible and a blue square is shown around more than one clipbank. How is this done, I tried shift, control and control + shift etc. HOWEVER I am unable to select more than 1 at once!!! and it does not tell you anywhere how to do it. So has anyone got the answer on this one?

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:39 am
Dazzaharvey wrote :
Maybe I am speaking a different language to the rest of this post but no one has answered the problem here.

Actualy, the problem here is in the FIRST post which happened to be MINE!

Don't you just hate it when someone hijacks a thread then moans because no-one answers them!

Then again, maybe it's just your attitude!

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:20 am
I can only tell you how I am doing it. I use avs converter and convert a number of these short avi files to one long mpg file.
Then load that mpg file, which contains several, or many of the avi clips strung together.

This might be the only way to go.

I hope this helps.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:25 am
It's definitely a layering problem, it's dependant on which effect (clip bank or sonique) is turned on first, hence why if you have 'always use this plugin for audio only files' set to sonique, sonique switches on first & the layering wont work. I'm also finding that playing about with this layering and switching on/off clip bank and sonique I can easily make VDJ freeze on my home machine (not chancing it on my gig box yet) with my ending up having to ctrl alt del and vdj is listed as "not responding" There's definitewly problems with this layering of sonique and clip bank. Perhaps this subject is worthy of some teamer input since somethings certainly amiss here.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:48 am
Tophouse - I did not intend to hijack and infact you had no responses until my post! But the slightly annoying thing is that the posts after mine didn't really deal with the problem that you and I had! (attitude??? - I think not).

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:29 pm
Dazzaharvey wrote :
Tophouse - I did not intend to hijack and infact you had no responses until my post! But the slightly annoying thing is that the posts after mine didn't really deal with the problem that you and I had! (attitude??? - I think not).

So this wasn'r attitude then :-

"Maybe I am speaking a different language to the rest of this post but no one has answered the problem here."

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:31 pm
Well, I watched the video demo again and dazza you're right- there is more than one clip with a blue box round it- but if you look at the vdeo output, you only ever see one clip at a time. So maybe it was just a bug that the blue boarder wasn't de-activated when another clip was selected, or maybe they were being layered together, but since non of the clips can be transparent, there was no point so they changed the way it works.

I think the bottom line is that you can't layer clips from the clipbank on top of each other.

You can layer the soniques on top though using the transparency slider (provided you don't have them as the default for audio files, which you're right is stupid!)

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)