Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Duration of Timecoded Vinyls

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just a slight question that I don't think was asked or answered before.
I understand that the timecoded vinyls for VDJ can be used for needle-dropping. That being said, I was wondering just how long are these timecoded records in terms of time duration? Just want to be sure that all my songs could be used on the TCVs. Some of them can run on for quite long, for example: Estuera - Travels (12:34) ... so I'm wondering if it could be played on TCVs or the TCVs are just too short for these kinds of long records?

So, for future reference to all of us: what maximum length on tracks can the TCVs accomodate?

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:17 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the timecode singal is 12 minutes , in smart mode , the song wont stop at the end of the vinyl unless you stop it manualy

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:19 am
thanks for the answer.
That being said, the tempo will still be limited to +/- 34% in difference, even though the timecoded vinyl or cd can do more than that, right? (just because the software can't do it, even if the record tells it to)

I'm asking this with special effects in mind. For example, loading a sound on a pioneer cdj-1000 mk3 and putting the pitch up to 100% ... that would make for a blasting effect for the right sample/loop... pretty much changing the sound to astronomical highs. But can you do this with a timecoded cd or is it not possible due to VDJ's limitation on pitch range?

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:39 am

The software will do EXACTLY like the hardware that runs the timecode.

So when a CDJ1000 have a 100% pitch-range, so will VirtualDJ, when CDJ1000 are used

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:11 am
Oh, nice, thank you.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)