Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: TCV... are they all the same?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

My friend is the one that got me into DJing and as of right now im usin the MK2 Console.. although he gave up djing im purchasing his TT500s with DN-x300 battle mixer... now he used Serotto thou but i prefer to use VDJ... i kno i'm goign to have to purchase the VDJ Pro but he's also giving me his Serotto vinyls... would those work w/ VDJ? they're brand new so i dont really want to buy something that i already have brand new out of the box

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Virtual DJ 5.0 PRO supports sterato vinyls ,ms pinky vinyl , numark virtual vinyl and naturaly virtual dj vinyl

you can
up grade at a discount

or buy virtual dj ones

from the online store here

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:39 am
lmao whoops i totally destroyed the Sterato name.... ok well that answers my questions thanks

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:43 am
So, do the serato TCVs now support needle-dropping and are there no differences in pitch?

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:41 am

yes, serato and miss pinky vinyls works 100% now, in VDJ5

(and any other, by user made plugins, to come)

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:10 am
so does that mean they dont work in the previous versions?

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:26 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes,, they dun work "perfect" in older version..

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:25 am
When i`m back to home i can tell if "Torq" (M-Audio) TCVs (MSPinky based) work too, could be a bit tricky since they do have a bit different timecode as regular MSPinky vinyls as i know, but for sure it`s worth a try

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 9:04 am
spinna wht u mean by they dont work "perfect" what are the flaws?

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:01 pm
How do you use Serato vinyls in VDJ? I think my vdj vinyls are warped and i've got a gig in 2 weeks, no time to ship from europe. When i select timecode in virtual dj there is only the VDJ timecode in the drop down menus?

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:48 pm
uget2seconds wrote :
spinna wht u mean by they dont work "perfect" what are the flaws?

No flaws, but intential limitations (Was only meant as a way for SSL users to give VDJ a try before).
So its 6% off pitch, and no needle drop...

But the limitations have been removed with the new open source timecode aproach in Virtual DJ 5

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:08 pm
DJTeflon wrote :
I think my vdj vinyls are warped and i've got a gig in 2 weeks, no time to ship from europe. When i select timecode in virtual dj there is only the VDJ timecode in the drop down menus?

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/74816/General_Discussion/Warped_TCV_s_SOLVED.html

DJTeflon wrote :
. When i select timecode in virtual dj there is only the VDJ timecode in the drop down menus?

Plugins to make other vinyls available will come shortly

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:10 pm
do you know when? sorry if this question has been asked a billion times before...

i ask just because the gig is in 2 weeks and its pretty critical that i have optimal timecodes. Id rather not risk melting my vinyl if i can just buy seratos.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:52 pm

Not sure exact date, but shouldnt bee too long

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 10:27 pm
although the timecode quality doesnt come up as 100% but 0%... it still seems to work fine... ive had some problems with the auto configure because it would set it in a way that if i were to stop the vinyls from playing it would create this cracking noise... all you have to do is lower the gain until the crackign stops and its worked perfectly for me

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:33 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Where is that serato plugin... aaah... really need it... !!! the Mods said soon one month ago!

Mensajes Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 4:46 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)