Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Upgraded to 5 now have problems :(

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Dj AlkiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

Have a problem since upgrading to 5. I use cdj 1000s and in v4 when i move the platter it would nudge the waveform so i could get it to beatmatch properly if it was a little bit out, but now that ive upgraded to v5 when i move the platter it changinig the bpm and the waveform zooms in and out like its strecting. Remember never did this with v4.

Also another problem is the harmonic key wont work are you suppose to enter this manually? I thought it will figure it out when you analyze the file?

Last one - is to do with scratching still have a problem when you have a small file it makes a funny noise at the end of the file when it finishes not good when you scratching near the end of file and it making some beeping noise?

Other then that its works great
Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:54 pm
Dj Alki wrote :
Hello,

Have a problem since upgrading to 5. I use cdj 1000s and in v4 when i move the platter it would nudge the waveform so i could get it to beatmatch properly if it was a little bit out, but now that ive upgraded to v5 when i move the platter it changinig the bpm and the waveform zooms in and out like its strecting. Remember never did this with v4.

I noticed that too, it kinda pissed me off. Are u saying the wave form never stretched like this in V4? I'm not sure cause I never really played out V4 as it couldn't read my tags.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:26 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ackkk don't say that about the 1000's! That's what I use at a club I DJ at every other Saturday!

Guess I will keep 4.3 on the laptop so if it does happen with V5 I can just go back and use 4.3.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:32 pm
Quote :

Increase pitch sensitivity in Timecode configuration. It was at 2000 by default in v4, in v5 it's set to 100.

Quote :
Also another problem is the harmonic key wont work are you suppose to enter this manually? I thought it will figure it out when you analyze the file?

Yes, you enter it manually or tell VirtualDJ to read it from an ID3 tag.

Quote :
still have a problem when you have a small file it makes a funny noise at the end of the file when it finishes not good when you scratching near the end of file and it making some beeping noise?

I have that too when scratching over the first beat of some vbr encoded mp3s.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:34 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
Quote :

Increase pitch sensitivity in Timecode configuration. It was at 2000 by default in v4, in v5 it's set to 100.

That's true, increasing pitch sensitivity would reduce the way the wave form behaves. But wouldn't that mean that the response to the bpm/pitch slider values on screen would take longer too?

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:31 pm
I've found (in v4, I've just left it at 100 in v5) that the pitch seems instant, but the bpm display update is slower and more rounded the larger the value you put. Also if you have keylock enabled, it takes the value entered of time before it applies itself. But it's this value change from 2000 to 100 which is what's causing this difference in behaviour.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:34 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)