Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Why is VDJ Pro download only.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It is not a moan.

Just a little question that's been bothering me since I stumbled upon VDJ in google a few months ago.

Why is VDJ ( pro version ) only available in a download option and not in a CD rom version as well. I know that if people want the CD version, they can get Numark Que, which I believe is the same software but under the Numark banner. Is it something to do with this ?

I personally think that if VDJ was available in shop's and music hardware stores as a CD rom format it would increase the sales of the software and start wiping out the other DJ software packages.

Can someone unlighten me.

Jimmy b

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:40 am

Numark Cue is the boxed version of Virtual DJ:)

its a deal between Numark and VDJ

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:41 am
I thought it might be something like that.

When I get round to buying the pro version I think I would sooner have the CD Boxed version, but that's just me.

Thanks Norway.

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:59 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are you sure you can download pro at any time ,

and you get a discount for owning the mk2 if you buy online aslo

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:01 am
Cheers Sky,

I forgot about that little bit of goodness.

When I do buy it, do you think that if I put a request in that VDJ will send me a Box. so I can put it on my shelf with all my other software boxes LOL.

Sad or what???

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:11 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:38 am
Doesn't Cue cost a hell of a lot more though?

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:56 am
So there is

cheers Apopsis

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:02 am
darloboy wrote :
Doesn't Cue cost a hell of a lot more though?

It's cheaper in the UK, maybe other European countries too.

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:14 am
Really? To be fair hadn't looked but I remember when it was launched it was more expensive!

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:30 pm
Numark Cue costs £165.00 at various stores. Htfr (who I think are usually quite expensive even do it for £169). So that's €250. These prices include VAT. VirtualDJ is slightly more expensive, after adding VAT onto the download edition price of €239, it becomes €280. Not a huge difference, although it's the price of 2 x timecoded vinyl.

It's not a huge difference and probably better to get VirtualDJ as it is Atomix who make the software afterall and one would assume we get priority over updates and such (as has been the case over v5). Also you're able to play with the software almost straight away after buying and downloading it online.

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 5:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)