Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Key Changer Plugin

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Where is the Key Changer plugin and will it work with 5.0. I cannot find the plugin on the site.

thanks,
Chris

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:26 pm

you dont really need it though, as VDJ 5 has key lock.

Just lock the pitch to any key, and move the pitch to speed up/down the song

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:34 pm
I was using it for Karaoke (Please don't laugh at me!!) So that is the key changer I am looking for. Will doing what you suggested work or is that going to change the speed of the song.

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:38 pm

Use the pitch to change the key first, then apply KEY LOCK, and move pitch back to zero.
No speed change to the song, only key change then.

But the old key changer plugin should be uploaded for downloads... will look into it

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:40 pm
I did find a key changer but in the description it said that is was worthless in 4.0 and Cue

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping to use it tonight.

I am a PCDJ user that might have finally left the dark side for good.

:-)

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:54 pm

Worthless was a bit strong word;) hehe.. Think its a french translation to english..

Its not worthless in VDJ4/5.. its just not needed (as you have key lock on pitch slider)

But if you find the key changer more handy for karaoke, just use it ;)

And welcome to the light side, may the force be with you

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:01 pm
Okay I downloaded it and tried to install and got the error that the Virtual DJ software was not found, or something along these lines. Any work around. I have only installed 4.0 and 5.0, not 3.4 or earlier.

Thanks again

Oh, and you were right. It say "Useless", my memory is not what it used to be.

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:12 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You already have a keychanger effect in VDJ 5.0, it's in audio effects.

It let's you go up or down by 4 semitones.

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 2:10 am

damn I'm just tired to day...

KEY CHANGER is BUILT-INTO VirtualDJ 4 and up

Just make a keyboard shortcut

key_offset >> value

(explaination for value in Keyboard shotcuts setting)

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 2:18 am
Thanks. Now one more question. In PCDJ KJ, it is referred to a "Key". Is a semi-tone the same? So down 1/2" key would be 1/2 semi-tone or is that a different amount of change. Does 1 semitone = 1/2 key?

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:48 pm

Its a bit more tricky than that, and I bet the PCDJ "key" changer isnt really a real KEY up and down... but just a tone up or down

A major scale has seven notes, with irregular intervals between them: from the root note of the scale.

Consider a piano keyboard:
- The space from any note to its next nearest neighbour might be a black key or a white key. That's a semitone. Two semitones, or the key next to the key's nearest neighbour is a Tone (or "Full Tone"). If you start on any key, and count up one semitone at a time, you get an ascending chromatic (play every semitone) scale. If you count "Tone, Tone, Semitone, Tone, Tone, Tone, Semitone" from the starting note, you get a major scale.

http://www.mjking.org/music/keys.html

A tone = 2x semitone

Major Scales (Interval : Tone, Tone, Semi, Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi)
Natural Minor Scales (Interval : Tone, Semi, Tone, Tone, Semi, Tone, Tone)

Hope that helps

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:01 pm
If you want to make it easy for yourself though.. a "key changer" for karaoke, use 2x semitone up and down...

what many calls a key changer, but is a tonal change

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:11 pm
So in summary, if a singer asks me to raise a song a 1/2 key, what should I use in VJ? The same for a full key. This is usally all that happens.

Thanks for the help,
Chris

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:33 pm

a semi-tone up ;)

The karaoke singers arent World Class Choir.. .so 1/2 key up, semi tone up.... key up, 2x semi tone (a tone) up.

They will be well pleased by that...

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:39 pm
Thanks for the help.

Now I want to contribute to the forum, SO, anyone who wants to know everything about what goes on in a woman's head please just start a thread!!!

No offense meant to the ladies on the forum ;-)

Mensajes Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 12:58 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)