Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: TCV & Turntablism Need Help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

First off my computer has 1 gig of ram and a 1.4 mg processor
I am just using audio so from my understanding this laptop should do fine. I have a edirol fa 66 which i use for the sound card and since its firewire and a descent soundcard this shouldnt be an issue. I have no issues with quality or sound everything works just fine except i have noticed the record just doesnt react the same everytime. Seems when im scratching at a certain point sometimes I have to move the record a little bit further to get the exact spot i was just at.

I have the safe mode off because the sound quality isnt as good when its on, I have the TCV settings at smart, relative seemed to work a bit better but noticed while scratching the mp3 would jump to a different location for some reason, and absolute mode had some issues with not wanting to go back to the very beggining of the track when i placed the needle at the begining of the record, I tried using anti skip settings to see if that would help with the scratching but still experienced the same problem. Performance is set at fastest and the latency is at 256(5ms)
I have never used any other program just this and i am use to vinyl so im not sure if this is just normal for there to be a issue with the location of what im scrathing shifting and all or is there a different setting i should use.

Mensajes Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:36 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try setting latency to auto and slide the performance fader towards the middle of quality and fastest.

Mensajes Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 8:03 pm
I will try that! do you use TCV? Im just curious if there is a standard TCV settings that I should make sure i have on. I know everyone has different sound cards and computer specs but what are the basic standard settings for the best TCV results?

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:39 am
Another member made a similar topic just the other week, it turns out that if they used the VirtualDJ vinyl with Serato that they didn't suffer with this drifting cue point problem anymore. It would be handy if one of the Timecode Experts like Apopsis could recommend us settings in VirtualDJ to correct the problem, if possible.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 1:56 pm
Read my post under the hardware tab of the forum, entitled "TCV A BEGINNERS GUIDE"

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:28 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)