Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 100% CPU Usage when Analysing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chunguyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello friends.

I'm using V.5.

When I analyze an MP3 my CPU usage reaches 100%. It's normal?

Thanks

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 1:40 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:05 pm
hehehehe, on my super gig box it doesn't go above 50% when analysing, and that's the highest i've ever seen it go :o)

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:25 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is supposed to work like that so it finishes fast so you can continue with your mix.
@TopHouse
Mine too, it goes to 50%, I have dual core, so it must be using one core for analyzing while other does the rest.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:44 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
It is supposed to work like that so it finishes fast so you can continue with your mix.
@TopHouse
Mine too, it goes to 50%, I have dual core, so it must be using one core for analyzing while other does the rest.

Bingo - 100 pts to ALF -- 50% is 100% of 1 Core on a Dual (2) Core system. 1/2 = 50%

Sorry -- in a fun mood today.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:55 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :

Good for you cstol, its been a rough week I am sure..lose your mind!....lol ;-)

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:59 pm
But mine isn't dual core ;o)

It's an Intel Pentium 4 630 (3Ghz) Socket 775 800Mhz 2MB Cache (known as a C chip) with 2 gig of Corsair DDR memory running on an Abit motherboard, she's a babe :o)

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 7:57 pm
chunguyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:D

OK, ok...

I need a new PC :D... a DUAL CORE of course!!! :D

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:01 pm
TopHouse wrote :
But mine isn't dual core ;o)

It's an Intel Pentium 4 630 (3Ghz) Socket 775 800Mhz 2MB Cache (known as a C chip) with 2 gig of Corsair DDR memory running on an Abit motherboard, she's a babe :o)

TopHouse - would like to see a screen shot of that rough 50% utilization when analyzing?

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:16 pm
not a problem, coming in a minute.

<a minute or so passes>

OK, just took a pic with my phone as it's been busy analysing since last night.

Just wondering why you want this pic of my screen, you're not a pervert are you?

http://www.zen16694.zen.co.uk/vdjpic.jpg

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:25 pm
Hey I said I was in a good mood -- just wanted you to prove it!

Pretty good - my curiosity was I looked at the specs of that chip and thought he's just jumpin on the 'Having Fun' band wagon. But no, looks good!
Well tweaked system!

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:16 pm
<cough> told you so :o)

I was once majorly into performance PC building, studying all the chip specs & revisions etc, was into ducted air systems & allsorts, this was before the vapourchill units came out, so it used to be either air or water (or liquid nitrogen in a polystyrene cup) My heavily overclocked & advanced air cooled PC was featured in a magazine called "PC Extreme" and was top of the performance charts for 3DMark in the UK. The CPU was overclocked, the GFX card was overclocked, even the corsair CAS2 memory was overclocked! Funnily enough that is the machine I'm typing on now! Although all the clocks are set at standard now as she's getting old!

What I'm trying to say, is that it's not always down to buying the fastest chip, it's about what Mobo you marry it with and what memory, then the combination of bus speeds and ram timings.

Bet I've just bored you to death!

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:31 pm
Dude - been in the PC business myself for 15 years, so yes back to the first 286's. No boring me. That's why it's sometimes frustrating for me when I see people type about their systems have all these issues and refuse to believe it's how they have their system setup and what they are not doing is what breaks their software, not that the software is broken. I have a system that I build that has sat in a the club since the release of 3.1 and been through all the upgrades and Betas that I have participated in - I think 1 fresh re-install of the O/S. To include V5 Betas and Release - and it's rockin' right along. 3yrs old ! As you know in computers 3 years is like a 30yr old car with the advancements being made.

So total respect and that's cool - so that pic is that machine stock settings or OC'd.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:40 pm
Nope, the screenshotted machine is running completely at stock, but built with tender loving care. In my heyday i was lapping sinks & allsorts, and would you believe it, just done some searching around and found my old magazine articled PCMark score, check out the score, then check out the year! :-

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5696202

That machine had a vantec tornado fan on it's CPU heatsink, these were known as "screamers" (because they did), and the spec for the vantecs was the 92mm fan, 4800RPM 38mm thick, fan moves 119CFM

That was some serious cooling.

Even still got the thick glass plate that I used to use for lapping heatsinks!

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:57 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
cstoll wrote :
DJ-ALF wrote :
@TopHouse

Bingo - 100 pts to ALF -- 50% is 100% of 1 Core on a Dual (2) Core system. 1/2 = 50%

Just 100 pts? Damn, I was expecting something like 1000 so I can buy the ticket to Hawaii :))

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:52 pm
I am having trouble using NUMARK CUE. At random points of playing music no matter what you hit on the total control or PC the songs stop playing through the speaker, but on my computer screen the song is still rotating and playing. I know its not the speakers or amps b/c i can turn off this setup and run cd's or a band through the system. Is anyone else having this problem?? Any ideas??

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 9:20 pm
@djmazizzle - Please start a new topic as this is a seperate issue from this topic and please supply some information about your computer.

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 10:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)