Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Play Now Action

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

nxgn1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
First let me state excellent job on 5 gentlemen very nice work. Here is my question is there anyway to add a right click play now action. I see you have a preview and a repeat song but in 5.1 is there any way to add this command. The reason is when I do receptions and and ceremonies I like easy access to single songs very quickly. I do realise there are other ways to do this but I like to start a play list for certain songs and then go from there. I'am all digital and this would be a great help. I know you can double click the song and it will start but I have found that on one of my computers the double clicking is lagged or acts like I'm going to move the file this might be mouse speed I also understand this to. But I know this could all be solved by a play now right click command. Most the other DJ software that I use and some audio players have that. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the recommendation. It's actually very good. Will pass on to DevTeam.

Mensajes Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:48 pm
Wow thanks what an awesome response thanks.

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 1:55 am
i suggested this a while ago .... it is a good idea ... i don't like all the drag and drop ......add to A , add to B add to end of list

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 2:16 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i suggested this a while ago .... it is a good idea ... i don't like all the drag and drop ......add to A , add to B add to end of list

Did I read the same post you did chuck? what are you referring to - add to A, B, End ? What does that have to do with what was mentioned above?

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 3:12 am
Not sure but I think that is a feature in Traktor DJ. What I was refering to is that it does the same thing as the double click just with a right click instead and I'm refering to basically the play list though it would be an awesome feature any where you can click on a song. In the browser etc etc.

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 3:17 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Since we have suggested right click options. I was wondering if Playllists can be updated like the Virtual Folders, on the fly. I use PCDJ FX, correction, USED to use FX and the playlists could be updated by just right clicking a song an then adding to the playlist that you want. I like the virtual folders but they do not keep songs in the order that you put them in. So what you have to do is put all of your songs in a virtual folder, then save it as a playlist. I know you could create a playlist and just save it but like to add songs to the playlists when I need to as well as delete them. With the current set up I would have to open an existing playlist, load it into the playlist, then add my songs, then resave the playlist. This obviously is impossible to do on the fly during a gig.

I hope that idea came through clearly.

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 5:37 am
exactly .....yes traktor does that ......add to blue (a) add to red (b) add to end of play list .....much faster than d&d

hey , say whatcha want about pcdj ... it's the only one with a better recordcase than traktor

with 5.0 it got much better (vdj) still needs some items like relocate ..... i don't know why they are stubborn about that ( relocate ) but they are ...... i can't possibly be the only one that moves files

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 4:30 pm
chansin wrote :
Since we have suggested right click options. I was wondering if Playllists can be updated like the Virtual Folders, on the fly. I use PCDJ FX, correction, USED to use FX and the playlists could be updated by just right clicking a song an then adding to the playlist that you want. I like the virtual folders but they do not keep songs in the order that you put them in. So what you have to do is put all of your songs in a virtual folder, then save it as a playlist. I know you could create a playlist and just save it but like to add songs to the playlists when I need to as well as delete them. With the current set up I would have to open an existing playlist, load it into the playlist, then add my songs, then resave the playlist. This obviously is impossible to do on the fly during a gig.

That is the whole point and reason for the Virtual Folders. Is to have the dynamics you are describing. And yes they don't maintain a specific order. And yes, I know that having nested Virtual Folders for better organization has been requested and it has been considered for a future implementation.

Also, Playlists are more manageable on the fly with the new automix method. You can add files at anytime at any order point and re-save that list as the same playlist even while the automix is playing. The key is using the exact name of the original list at the time you select to save the changes.

Mensajes Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 5:35 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
While I understand that the playlists can be saved on the fly the ablility to add to a playlist that is not currently in use is what I am interested in. Let's say I have a dinner playlist in automix and then I want to add a song to my dance playlist, currently I cannot do that without loading the dance playlist and in order to keep that list the way it is and just add the new songs I have to remove the dinner playlist that is in automix.

I like the virtual folders, because it will do almost what I am looking for, it just is not exactly what I would like. I may be one of the only users that would like this option but maybe others do also.

I hope that explains how I use the playlists.

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 6:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)