Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Ver5 Database problems ???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys

One problem that has come to light is as follows

All my media files are fresh to virtual DJ5, no old database files

I started to read in new VOB video files and add Genres / BPM etc.

The way the were titled on the hard drive was as follows

01 Artist - Title
02 Artist - Title
etc...

After adding all the Genres & Bpms etc. I then reliased I really wanted them stored on my hard drives as ....

Artist - Title
Artist - Title
etc...

So I renamed them by removing the track numbers.

By doing this I ended up losing all my Genres & BPM and track data in Vertual DJ for each file.

is this because the new database hooks on to each filename for the tagging data/info

or am I doing something wrong, also is the any utilities for editing the new database files in Virtual DJ

Thanks

John

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:06 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
No, you are not doing anything wrong. Whenever you change the way a file reads VDJ thinks its a different database.

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry, but Yes - you should not have renamed the files. VirtualDJ uses the absolute (exact) file name to reference the files.
So by re-naming them VirtualDJ believes they are now new files.

Recommendation (if you have not cleared your database) rename them all back. And use the Artist and Title fields from the file info. Go make sure all the files have an Artist and Title in the respective fields. Set the Artist/Title option in the Config->Browser tab to 'Only from Tag'

Mensajes Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 2:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)