Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: ABOUT TO BUY VDJ!!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys i got my Maya44 USB card in yesterday and i love it! IM 80% satisfied with vdj now the only issue im having is that every once in a while my song skips to a location and im off synch with my beatmatching! this could be scary if im playing live. i looked at my TCV setup, (im using tccd) and every once in a while i get my Timecode quality jumping around, most of the time its 100% but every so often it gets messed up and im suspecting thats whats causing my trouble. any ideas?

Mensajes Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:12 pm
If i can get 100% confidence that vdj is not gunna screw up when i play live, ill buy version 5. BTW im running a dell inspiron 9400 2.00GHZ with 2GB ram and a clean install of XP with all updates and my music is on an external USB hdd.

Mensajes Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:13 pm
That should be plenty of computer for everything to work properly. Just remember, it does need some tweaking for each individual machine.

Mensajes Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 6:19 pm
Yeah i know the computer is fast as hell, i jsut dont know what to do about the audio glitching i hear and also im having problems using the tccd sometimes the darn thing skips around and the timecode quality jumps around it should be 100 % at all times.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 2:08 am
The CD volume may need to be reduced, it seems to be a frequent problem.

Also reading this blog should get the machine sorted out SKYFXL

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 2:50 am
Nope thats not the problem...i have the reduced volume TCCD's burned so that cant be it. Ive never seen this problem with serato. They never have techincal problems. I spent 120 bucks on this maya44 sound card to see if vdj is really worth it and i cant get the tccd to work the way it is advertised. I wonder how ppl are happy with this. If im playing house music and i want to do nudging with my CDJ800, it works a little and then skips off beat really bad and im out of synch. every time i touch this software my confidence level goes down. the only thing that is keeping me interested is that others are completely and utterly happy with it im wondering what they are doing that is making their rigs so solid. I have a sick 2500 dollar computer, Pioneer turntables, and a maya44 which is probably the top of the line setup or almost at least.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 3:17 am
Maya44 "at the top" ? Not really no, but however it`s good enough to use with VDJ for sure. Are you using the trial or a cracked version ?
And please tell me what 2500 $ say about the quality of the system, if your windows has problems you ll still have problems even with good hardware.

As suggested above you should first tweak your system like it should be for audio applications, you can check this here too:
http://www.audioforums.com/resources/windows-xp-optimization.html

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:52 am
You yourself have said that your 100% signal is jumping occasionally. Probably caused because your soundcard is experiencing buffer underruns, this is a hardware/operating system you need to sort out. If you cannot do so, then maybe setting VirtualDJ to run in relative mode could help, but it's not a long term solution.

You can try increasing the number of buffer samples (latency) on your soundcard settings to start with. Eg, if you are at 256 at the moment, set it to 512. Due to the nature of how asio applications tend to run, make sure you turn off as many background programs/services as possible. Once you've done this, set the performance slider in VirtualDJ to the lowest setting (all the way to the left), turn off safemode and set the latency to Auto. Once you've got things working properly, you can start to increase the settings until you reach the point where things are still stable.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:59 am
yeah already did all that stuff. sorry guys i love the way this thing works with my bcd2000 but it doesnt work well with my pro audio equipment. Just ordered serato.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)