Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Bpm confusion...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

A lot of my tracks have the wrong bpm. When I go into file info, under the bpm window, is a tag bpm that is the correct one. How can I change a batch of these incorrect bpms at once? I don't want to have to do this for every one, individually.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:17 pm

i know how, but wont tell you, since you have such evil dark humour... ! hohoho

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:40 pm

okey, I'll be nice.. Not sure if it even works, so why not share the slight possibility to you, to see if it might work ;) hehe

Select a range of files with SHIFT key or CTRL key pressed...
Right click the selection of files, and choose "File info">> "get genre/year etc from tag"

Problem here, is that VDJ might not allow it, as VDJ really need its own BPM/Phase/gain/structure analyze to work, so I dont think its possible to use tag BPM as that doesnt tell VDJ anything about WHERE the beats are etc etc

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:46 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

i know how, but wont tell you, since you have such evil dark humour... ! hohoho

I like that, made me laugh.

dj-in-norway wrote :

okey, I'll be nice.. Not sure if it even works, so why not share the slight possibility to you, to see if it might work ;) hehe

Select a range of files with SHIFT key or CTRL key pressed...
Right click the selection of files, and choose "File info">> "get genre/year etc from tag"

Problem here, is that VDJ might not allow it, as VDJ really need its own BPM/Phase/gain/structure analyze to work, so I dont think its possible to use tag BPM as that doesnt tell VDJ anything about WHERE the beats are etc etc

Yes my friend, been there, done that. But at least you put a smile on my face.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:05 pm
I don't think it works, Man I've had to do all mine one by one. But at least I can use the one in the tags as a reference when I come across one that looks off. A lot of work though.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:07 pm
im having the same problem!!!! the only reason why i wanna upgrade to vdj 5 is the fact that its suppose to read id3tags!!!!! it reads some but it writes right over them when it analyizes the file?!?!?!?!? this needs to be fix cause all of my 22,000 id3 bpms are correct and the bpm engine is better in vdj 5 but i still gets alot of my rap songs bpms wrong!!!!

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:11 pm

It does read ID tags, but BPM for a DJ software is sooo much more than a tag. It needs to know more than the tag itself can tell.
So except from BPM, it will read tags.

Thats just how nature of things are.

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:21 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try this little trick: when the BPM in VDJ is wrong, pick up the headphones and place over ears and see what happens, you'll be surprised :).

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:24 pm
lol

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:39 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Bagpuss wrote :
Try this little trick: when the BPM in VDJ is wrong, pick up the headphones and place over ears and see what happens, you'll be surprised :).

OK...now what?..... ;-)

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The rest is called DJ'ing :)...works like magic ;).

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:58 pm

And if you get lots of BPM wrong, your setting for BPM detection in VDJ is probably set to the fast "Techno/House" algorithm that works good with that kinda music.

For other genres, use the slower detection of more complex beats, with the "ALL MUSIC" setting in BPM detection.

Look in VDJ option tab to check

Mensajes Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 11:02 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)