Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: video out - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

biggddcHome userMember since 2007
i'm really curious about the video option of this program (Virtual DJ).
I'm planning on using my laptop, would i use a VGA to TV cable to plugin from my laptop to the video system at the club?

or are there other options?

thanks

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 2:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what video card do you have?

you can use VGA output

or a Svideo out

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:09 am
ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 Graphics with up to 128 MB of Shared Video Memory

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:11 pm
thank you...

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:12 pm
okay, i've gotten a vga to RCA cable, but no luck with getting any siignal of the video out from the laptop to the TV..also I enabled the options in the video tab to use windows.

any other suggestions.

Mensajes Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 9:45 pm
I'm afraid you'll have problems with that card for video mixing. It is simply not enough - VDJ demands more than you think

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:30 pm
"It is simply not enough - VDJ demands more than you think"

What exact does this mean? be a little more specific please?

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 7:51 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i believe he means that you need a more powerful card. your current one will not be able to meet the demands of the program when video mixing... leading to freezes, crashes, errors, bad looking video, lag, etc.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 9:03 pm
first let me solve the issue of the output, before you speculate my problems with the freezing, crashing and errors...which i havent had yet, the help i was look for was for what i'm doing now, not what you foresee in my future...thanks

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 9:24 pm
biggddc wrote :
first let me solve the issue of the output, before you speculate my problems with the freezing, crashing and errors...which i havent had yet, the help i was look for was for what i'm doing now, not what you foresee in my future...thanks

Ok VDJ needs a video card with at least 256 mb DEDICATED ram. Now you may not see these issues now as you arent able to get the second output out to the screen which means you arent taxing your video memory. The advice that was given above was given as you may see these issues if you dont upgrade your card. Have you gotten anywhere getting a second output out. I remember my lappy had a SVGA output on it and I had to buy a SVGA to composite adapter.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:59 am
discobrian24 wrote :
biggddc wrote :

Ok VDJ needs a video card with at least 256 mb DEDICATED ram. Now you may not see these issues now as you arent able to get the second output out to the screen which means you arent taxing your video memory. The advice that was given above was given as you may see these issues if you dont upgrade your card. Have you gotten anywhere getting a second output out. I remember my lappy had a SVGA output on it and I had to buy a SVGA to composite adapter.

discobrian is right, VGA and normal video (like the yellow one most are used to) are separate kinda of signals. you couldn't have bought a normal cable with vga on one end and component video on the other. it must be converted first. these converters can be pricey for decent quality. if you have an s-video output on your laptop, try using that

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 5:49 am

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:18 am
i don't even know why they make that.. it won't work! the vga uses (for the sake of simple argument) a different language than s-video or RCA (composite) wires.

you can very easily split vga into component cable (where the 3 colors are split into different connectors) like this one http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31e2DgcldCL._SS500_.jpg

but you need to buy a conversion BOX to get VGA to convert to composite. it's a whole image conversion, not just an adaptor to change the ends of the cable

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:23 am

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:37 am
ktilak wrote :
discobrian24 wrote :
biggddc wrote :

discobrian is right, VGA and normal video (like the yellow one most are used to) are separate kinda of signals. you couldn't have bought a normal cable with vga on one end and component video on the other. it must be converted first. these converters can be pricey for decent quality. if you have an s-video output on your laptop, try using that

But so you know you can buy a converter from S Video to Composite, beware they are like $30. Most desktop graphics cards come with this converter, but you have a lappy. DO YOU HAVE S-VIDEO out on the lappy????

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:43 am
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So does the S-video out tax the video card like the 2nd video output?

I'm having all kinds of trouble with my laptop using the built in 128 meg card and 2nd output. To make things worse, my new desktop PC wont let me use the onboard card when I pop in an extra AGP card.

Will a big video card reduce the load on my proccesor? It maxes out just before a freeze/crash.

Anoying

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:42 pm
Mrtim wrote :
So does the S-video out tax the video card like the 2nd video output?

I'm having all kinds of trouble with my laptop using the built in 128 meg card and 2nd output. To make things worse, my new desktop PC wont let me use the onboard card when I pop in an extra AGP card.

Will a big video card reduce the load on my proccesor? It maxes out just before a freeze/crash.

Anoying

You are gonna have to disable the onboard in the bios and remove its drivers, then install your AGP card they may be conflicting with each other.

And yes the s video will tax the system because it is a 2nd video output

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:59 pm
thanks for all this information, now its all coming together....thank you KTILAK and DISCOBRIAN24

As to having an s-video out ...NO, dont have it.
so i'll look into the AVerMedia AVerKey iMicro PC/Mac-to-TV Converter you suggested...

Now, did i miss all this information somewhere else online, maybe in a FAQ or Manual. I look everywhere before posting any concerns in regards to this setup.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:55 pm
I stand corrected, sorry i DO have a s-video out on my laptop, sorry, I should have looked before saying no.

does this help in anyway..

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:58 am
s-video is a versatile connection. you can easily convert it to composite (the standard yellow plug we see everywhere) with one of these http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/AD006.jpg for no more than a couple bucks.

chances are if you're plugging into a projector/scan converter/etc, then it has an s-video input. if you have the choice, go with s-video.. it will yield a higher quality picture compared to composite. UNLESS you'r going over very long distances.. then that's a whole different story and you might want to run bnc cable between connectors.

of course for picture quality sake, vga is the best option but then you will need a scan converter if your final projector/tv does not have a vga input. and then to justify using vga, you'll have to buy a realy good converter with nice picture quality

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:20 am
74%