Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: USB Sound Card & Onboard Sound Card Problems

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm running VDJ v.4 on windows Vista 32bit. My laptop is 1.66ghz dual core 2 proccesor with 1gb of ram.
I'm using 2 soundcards...Creative USB and Onboard Realtek HD.
I use My USB soundcard for main output and My onboard for headphone.
the main sound output is crystal clear but my headphones are crackling and distorted.
I've tried everything (swapping them around changing settings etc.) but it always ends up wid 1 of the soundcards crackling and distorted.
This problem never happend on VDJ v.3. I was wondering if there is an add-on or driver I can download?
Can any1 help? e-mail me at --@--.--
cheers

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Cuzzer_0 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 6:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
please try the latest demo :)

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:12 pm
Hi all,

I have the qame issue but under XP !
It came very strangly after the instazll of the V4.X as well. The V5 doesn't change anything. As soon as I play 2 tracks, and when I change the sound volume of the track, the sound cracks, the visual pitch ( red and green ) slows down, as it sounds that the PC doesn't manage to follow everything !

In these conditions, it's impossible to mix in public !!!

please help !

Seb

Mensajes Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:37 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Set latency to auto n check safe mode n overclocking and move performance slider to fastest at the config. Hope that helps

Mensajes Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:19 am
Also got this problem. Tried to change all settings in performance to fastest, and tried without overclock & safe mode. Even tried to re-install drivers on both soundcards. No changes, still distortions and crackled sound.. Both in VirtualDJ 5xx & Numark Cue 3xx..

Anyone who managed to solve this?

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 6:27 pm
Hi jockoroid, Is this demo? If not pls register ur serial in ur modify ur profile if u have purchased it.Thanks:)

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 6:40 pm
Yep, both demo versions. Trying these until i recieve my TotalControl in the middle of next month. But i want my headphones to sound well until then without no crackling sounds, do you got any idea?

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:04 pm
R u Using the below mentioned card too?

Cuzzer_0 wrote :
I'm using 2 soundcards...Creative USB and Onboard Realtek HD.
I use My USB soundcard for main output and My onboard for headphone.
the main sound output is crystal clear but my headphones are crackling and distorted.

Try see if the onboard card is not so level up high as it can cause distortion ,, N u solely using these as prelistening only rite not with TCV?

Then at settings select

Input: none
Output: Headphones
Cards: 2 cards
Sc1: Creative usb
Sc2: Onboard card

Master: First card / Headphones: second cards

or if u are using creative 5.1 cards only, select this

Input: none
Output: Headphones
Cards: 4.1 cards
Sc: Creative

Master: Front output/ Headphones: Rear Output

Select latency to auto n put the slider to fastest in the config.

And then try it, is it workin?

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:18 pm
Hi again,

My stationary soundcard does unfortunately not support 5.1. It is just a simple one with line out, line in & mic. Therefore i have bought a USB external soundcard just to be able to use the PFL function in the software together with headphones.

Apperently, the crackling sound remaines, independent of which soundcard that is chosen in config as master/headphones output, so it does not depend on bad drivers / hardware failure on either of my soundcards. (?)

I have tried to adjust latency, moving the slider, unchecking safemode, re-installing soundcards drivers, installing different soundcard drivers, and so on. Nothing seems to help.

The strange thing about this is that the crackling sound does seem to live its own life. It comes and goes, and gradually becomes worse, until its so grave that it is impossible to use headphones for the PFL-function. If i cue(stop) one, or sometimes both of the decks, the sound goes temporarily away, but is returning soon.

My computer is a 3.2ghz Intel, 1024mb ram, 1067gb's of total harddrives, and SoundMax integrated audio as main "onboard" soundcard.

Please, help me out with this one, cause i am running out of luck right now. My trubbleshooting-ideas is coming to an end soon...

Many thanks,
J

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 10:55 pm
Did forgot to mention that i am also running XP Professional SP2...

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 10:57 pm
hi,, in due of this it is better to get at least for 4.1 soundcard for prelisten as it is better n not complicated the confiq..Also check whelter there is an irq conflict. a soundcard n video card should never share a slot. U could check tru ur my system information. And ur specs did look fine so there no problem with it.u have 1067gd=1tb??. Also did u check ur main card that do the prelisten is not over the peak as laptop soundcard is actually not gd..

For as u mention that u be receivng ur total control , it better u hold out than buying new soundcard, instead when u get the total control, buy djio too to go with it:) Btw wat is ur usb soundcard u using now??

Hope it will sorted out:)

Mensajes Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 11:24 pm
Hi again mate,

I have checked out the IRQ numbers, without founding anything suspicious.

Yep, 1067gb is 1TB :) Fits a lot of music :)

I have tried your tips about lovering output levels on both soundcards, but that wont help.

The external USB-soundcard i am using right now is a really simple one with line out, optical out & mic in. Nothing fancy at all, but as mentioned, it isnt the soundcard that causes the problem, since if i switch prelistening & master output cards in Config, the problem remains...

I am thinking about returning my external usb -soundcard, and buy another one instead, which is 5.1 from the start, and try to use that for both outputs in the software, with one-card 4.1-settings. What is your opinion about that?

Thanks again,

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 9:25 pm
Yes a 5.1 creative soundblaster live usb will help:) Some user here also use that card for prelistening.. maybe they could give some insight too:)

Mensajes Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 7:43 am
You will continue to experience this problem until you step up your sound card to multi-channel. Try using something like the ESI U46dj or Creative Extigy. You will still be able to configure 1 stereo output channel from one of these sound devices as your main out, then use the other stereo channel to drive your headphones.

Mensajes Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 6:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)