Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Favourites gone on startup/duplicating when adding again

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I checked and couldn't find this elsewhere, so pls don't flame me if it is...

When starting VDJ5 (same happened on V4) I sometimes notice (around 60% of the time or more) that my favourite has gone!

Basically I run a NAS drive on my network with all my music on it (easier to take with me on gigs). Just for background, I never turn this drive off as it runs off it's own PSU. When starting VDJ, the folder will be gone (sometimes it works fine and is still there). So I navigate through my computer to the drive - "S:" in my case... and re-add it as a favourite. When I then check the list, I have two copies of it in the list, so I have to then delete one occurence.

Although this is not a MAJOR problem, it is annoying and something that I personally would like fixed if possible.

Cheers all and keep up the good work, this is some seriously good software, that I personally would be lost without now!!

---
Matt (aka Djay7)

Mensajes Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 11:50 pm
Double check under options/browser that there is a check mark on Virtual Folders and that when you create them there is a check mark there. It happened to me yesterday and that is what caused it.

Mensajes Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 1:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The problem is that typical network mappings go off-line when not accessed for a duration of time. I can't recall off the top of my head if this can be adjusted to always stay connected, but will research.

But that is what is happening, so if you are not accessing that drive it will go off-line. Now, because of the VirtualDJ distributed database, when the database can't be found you won't see the favorites. As a temporary fix use a filter folder that uses the filter of --- filepath starts with s:
The reason you get two (2) favorites is because when you create the NEW one, the network connection becomes active and the database is read which contains the original favorite.

I will research the network drive stuff and post back. Later, but that is what I believe is going on.

Mensajes Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 1:40 am
What is the brand and make of the NAS unit you are using?

Mensajes Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:21 am
It's a "Sumvision 3.5" HDD NAS-Enclosure" as written on the top of the case. It was cheap, but works fine and seems very reliable - not crashed or glitched in the few months I have owned it so far.

The problem is as you suggested above, if I run VDJ for the first time, no virtual drive is there. If you then quit the software (just for this test), then double click the drive in "My Computer" the directories show instantly. If you then re-start VDJ, the virtual folder is there ok.

So my question would be... would it not be possible to somehow try to access the virtual folder area before displaying it in the list on the left, i.e. if you can get the software to immitate someone just clicking on the folder to view the folders, then wait a second, then re-query it, surely the folder should then appear?

I know it's not "quite as easy as that" in practice, but I'm sure you guys can develop something like this...

Anyway, thanks once again guys for all your help!
---
Matt (aka Djay7)

Mensajes Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:50 am
On a side-note, I have checked that VirtualFolders is checked, and I can confirm it is :)

Mensajes Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:56 am
I have found a temporary fix which may work for others with the same problem as me.

If you right click and select properties for the VDJ icon on your desktop, then add the drive (in my case "S:\") in the "Start In" field, it will actually query the drive before it starts VDJ, thus waking it up so the database can be found!

It's only a bit of a "bodge", but it works ok for me as a temporary "fix".

I hope this helps some of you guys out if you suffer the same problem.

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:18 pm
good call - I think it's the Network Connection - sleep - issue where after a prolong period of non-use the O/S basicly 'sleeps' the network connection until accessed. By adding the parameter to the shortcut, you are 'waking up' the connection before VDJ launches.

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 2:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)