Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: virtualdj post purchase questions....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

calverHome userMember since 2007
hi guys - ive been searching the forums for a couple of days and scanning the pdfs, but havent found answers to all my questions yet, so unfortunately my first post is a few Q's ....

Before i go ahead and purchase id like to check a few things beforehand to avoid possible dissapointments :

1) Is it possible to allow me to control global bpm (and have both decks run at this bpm) from ableton live ?
2) is it possible to select video transitions using an assignable endless pot on a midi controller or via midi program change maybe ?
3) is there a video effect allowing instant resize and positioning of a clip eg half size and positioned in top left of screen(via midi / keystroke) ?
4) is there a way to control a videos alpha transparency (again, via midi / keystroke) ?
4) is it possible to control / fade video and audio independantly - eg can have audio from video on Deck A still playing when crossfaded 100% over to Deck B ?
5) am considering the numark total control controller as my controller of choice - good/bad choice ?
if bad choice -feel free to make recommendations :)

anyhow, thats enough way questions for now . i look forward to your help, and hopefully becoming an contributor here myself !!
paul

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 8:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi there

1. there is no rewire currently to other aplications so a timeclock sync isnt posible with ablton
2. it is possible to control fx with a midi controler
3. currenly not a plugin but some video transitons such as satalite can do this , check the demo
4. there should be a slider on the plugin for controling this , the plugin is designed to be used idealy with special alpha channel VJ videos
5. i think this is a good choice for you but remember you will need a soundcard too such as the dj i/o

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 8:32 pm
calver wrote :

1) Is it possible to allow me to control global bpm (and have both decks run at this bpm) from ableton live ?
2) is it possible to select video transitions using an assignable endless pot on a midi controller or via midi program change maybe ?

4) is it possible to control / fade video and audio independantly - eg can have audio from video on Deck A still playing when crossfaded 100% over to Deck B ?
5) am considering the numark total control controller as my controller of choice - good/bad choice ?

i only answered questions that i know for sure, and from prior use "i'm still steping into the video part of VDJ"

2. should be able to juging by the control actions list in short cuts
4. yes definitly can do
5. all in user preference, but if you find it suitable for your needs then yes its a good controller

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 8:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)