Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Database corruption [Resolved] - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fatkatzdj - what type of drive is your K drive? Is it USB ? Internal ? Is it the drive you use most ?

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 12:37 am
ronny582 wrote :
Disabling the UAC did not do the trick. One entire directory lost all bpb and cue points. was able to re-estable with backed up database, but this is very odd. This is the only app I am having issues with in Vista.

Suggestions?

ronny582 - are you still having problems?

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 12:39 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
cstoll, this sounds very similar to the problem i was having in Vista. i had to right click on the database and give full permissions to user accounts as well as administrators.

Gary

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 5:24 am
That's where I was going... And would be good for all Vista Users to do this to all their VirtualDJ or CUE XML files.

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 7:05 am
Yes, its a usb driver that I use the most. I can clean-fix restart and BOOM again. My computer is setup as admin per SKY's blogs. I run everything as admin.

And as I stated before, I didn't have this problem on 4.3 or at the beginning of v5. It just start recently to do this.

Last night I was thinking that maybe because I use my drive on the home computer to do the editing / tags & renaming on an XP os. this might be the cause. I don't know!

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 4:59 pm
i didn't have this happen until recently either .... it took it awhile b4 it started claiming my E : was corrupted i fix but it still does it again next boot ??

the E is external

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 5:11 pm
If you are running Vista - go to the external drives and make sure that the property rights for the XML files are set so ALL USERs can access the files.

Also, go back in and first to the Fix, then the Check, then the Clean

Restart VDJ / CUE --> Does it still error?

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 5:56 pm
I still am, but I will try giving the database permissions ( I now remember this was an issue in 4.3 and vista too!) that solved the problem then, let's see if it works for this version.

Mensajes Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 1:09 am
You know, I had to do this with VDJ4.3 and Vista. So far so good. Here is what I had to do....

Not only did I have to give the Database permission and full-controll (not just run as administrator with full controll) - I had to go to the program directory and give the .exe file for VDJ full controll for ALL USERS - this seems to have eliminated the problem. I will post after my next gig and about a week or so of testing. I really like trouble-shooting like this!

And for ANYONE reading this......VDJ is the BEST program out there. THE BEST.

Take it from someone who has used PCDJ, Traktor, etc. over the years.
I converted years ago to VDJ and have NEVER had regrets. Any DJ can waste money elsewhere on other programs or get the real deal HERE>

Ronny582

Mensajes Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 5:44 pm
Yep - Problem Solved

Had to give ALL rights to (ADMIN, Users, and Everyone) on the VDJ exe file.

Mensajes Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 8:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)