Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: AMD Vs. Intel which is better

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm looking to buy a new laptop computer for VDJ 5.0. I play alot of music videos using a projector.

I already know that I need a 256MB video card. I also have build Rack mount computers with AMD Processors.

I know alot of gammer use AMD Processors because they tell me it's fasterest than Intel.

I'm also looking at the Vostro 1500 Dell running XP with a core duo. Not sure which specs exactly.

Can anyone please recommend a laptop or can someone please advise me on this Vostro Dell.

Thanks,

DJ Frankie

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 5:32 am
No to Dell!!!!!
Ok now that that is out of the way I would suggest building a shuttle pc, its still small and you can upgrade stuff easier and cheaper than with a lappy. I run an AMD and like it even though it is a bit outdated and in my opinion I would go with an ATI video card.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:04 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
^^+1

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:56 am
I agree. No to Dell!
Also, Brian, I agree with the shuttle-building, got one myself, works good.

However, out of curiosity, what are the specs on yours, ram, VCard, HD, etc.?
I'm gettin' ready to build another one.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
amd is better value for money as intel costs more because of the super expensive advert campains

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:23 pm
I wanted a Laptop because the weight of my rackmount is crazy heavy.

My rackmount is amd dual core 2.1, 2gigs ram Nivida 7600gs 256mb and 3Hd 300gb.

Can anyone suggest a laptop name or model number for me to invest in.

I would love to get a macbook pro...but I'm trying to hold off until the vdj5.0 for mac comes out.

Why is dell no good. The video card is the same as the latest one for the mac and the amd processor looks pretty nice.

Did anyone try the dell yet?

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:24 pm
kjcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just bought the acer ferrari 5000 AMD turion 64x2 1.8ghz 2gig ram 256mb video ATI radeon xpress 1150. this thing rocks. It has vista which i had to work out some miner bugs to make it work flawlessly.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:55 pm
bryantpb wrote :
I agree. No to Dell!
Also, Brian, I agree with the shuttle-building, got one myself, works good.

However, out of curiosity, what are the specs on yours, ram, VCard, HD, etc.?
I'm gettin' ready to build another one.

I dont have a shuttle, wish I did I have a full tower (server case)
I have ATI X1950 pro video card, 2 gig ram, 5 hds, I have an AMD Athlon 64 4000 on an ASUS A8N5X mobo

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:34 pm
kjcraig wrote :
I just bought the acer ferrari 5000 AMD turion 64x2 1.8ghz 2gig ram 256mb video ATI radeon xpress 1150. this thing rocks. It has vista which i had to work out some miner bugs to make it work flawlessly.

Are you running video???

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:35 pm

Mensajes Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 6:46 am
Im running an Acer Aspire 9410 w/intel centrino core 2 duo 1.6g processors, 2 gb ram, 120 gb hd + 500gb maxtor ext hd, gma950 chipset (224 mb shared video)17' widescreen, dual boot xp media center & xp pro for vdj5.0 with numark total control, 2 technics sl1210's, maya 44 soundcard,TCV, video multiplier running 4 - 20'' ext monitors. After correctly setting everything up the Acer lappy has been running great. I bought my lappy for $500 who paid about $750 for it new a few months ago & hardly used it. Its like new & runs good. The graphics media accelerator 950 & Intel processors handles the video well for an intergrated video card.

Mensajes Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 7:32 am
AMD gives better acceleration then Intel but at a higher temperature rate, Intel tends to run cooler since they don't stress the chips as much as AMD

if your trying to picture this...take an intel chip, give it steroides and you now have an AMD chip lol.

no its not really like that but the AMDs do have a slight performance edge over the Intel chips although just run at slightly higher temperatures.

For those wanting to say differently this is a whole big argument like TTs and CDs so I'm not going there but I still have yet to see ANY AMD chip drop down to a really cool 12 degrees celcius on a water cooling kit ( yes I have seen an intel get this low however)

Mensajes Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 2:49 pm
djefiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
im playing BIG video vob files from 100 to 600 mb and use HP-9420 laptop with centrino core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz processors 2GB ram

Mensajes Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 3:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)