Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: NU04 maper

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi, can dj-in-norway, cstoll or any one help me with changing the PFL ON button on the nu04 from channel select to head phone/ deck sound monitoring? thus the original "PFL ON" for each deck? anytime i press the PFL button, it selects a channel. i've been able to delet this function but i can't assign it to monitoring the sound (pre-mix) on the non active deck. i only hear the master out. i'm using audigy 4 pro sound card (firewire) and i can't get it work with both timecodes on my cdj100mk3 so i've selected only one deck for the timecode. the timecode is directly connected to the soundblaster (since i cudn't get it work on the nuo4) and i choose ASIO & audigy 4 in the sound setup. i'm a video mix dj. any suggestions please!!!!

Mensajes Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 2:50 pm
I don't understand...This is your 3rd thread on the Nou 4. I have attempted to help you in each thread:

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I got rid of my Nou 4 and purchased a DJM 800. I am very familiar with the mixer and will try to help you as others have helped me set the mixer up. Its very easy to map if you want to do it yourself. It seems overwhelming but its not. I see you are using it with the CDJ's and want to Video. I had the same setup:

1st: What operating system are you using? XP should be fine. Vista has some potential problems (thats from an Ecler Mod).

2nd: Have you loaded the driver CD? Is the computer recognizing the mixer? To tell if it is, plug in the usb cord and go into the control 4 lab software. I forgot the options, but one of them is monitor, save, load. Click monitor and move one of the MIDI controls on the mixer. Are you getting a signal? If not we will start at the beginning. If so we can move on to mapping. I have my own custom mapper (i think i still have the file) or better yet, I can guide you through a few tips to do it yourself.

Don't fret my friend. I'll help you get up and running. I had some great help from others and am ready to start earning some stars ( ;-0 mods )

Charlie five

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I'm willing to help you Billy Ocean, just as Rune (dj-in-norway) helped me. I posted a quote from your other thread above, not sure if you seen it. PM me or answer back in this thread.

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Ok. Well is everything sorted then? I have been frustrated getting everything together quite a few times, so I know how it feels. I made my own custom mapper for the Nou 4. It suited my needs way more than the one from the downloads page. I focused mainly on setting cues, loading cues, in and out loops, and browser searching and loading. I accidently erased it when I returned the Nou 4 and got the DJM 800, else I would share it. I strongly recommend creating your own mapper with the Nou 4!

I am a PRO with your mixer! I don't think the people you are asking for help even own the mixer...(although they may be familiar).

Mensajes Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 6:50 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi Billy, C5 have actually tried to offer u help n me myself been noticing that u kept reposting this issue:(..

C5 have the mixer n already made his custom mapper, i sure he could help u with urs, give him a pm mates, sure he be happy to help ya:)

Mensajes Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 10:47 pm
O.K charlie five, cud u please help? i just wonder why you don't go ahead and do so. you only tell me u can help but u haven't made any effort to answer my post. i mentionded cstoll & dj-in-norway because they went ahead to give me some answers and info the previous time. i'll be more than glad if u cud tell me how to change the PFL ON button on chanel 2 & 3 to monitoring the various sound on each deck or channel. I can easily delete the functions that i don't need but i don't know how to change it. i tried in the midi configure setup of the vdj but still. thanx

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 7:37 pm
Absolutely. As I mentioned in the other thread, how do you have the soundcard hooked up? Is it to the 2 & 3 channels or to the 5th channel (computer)?

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:37 am
^ Thats strange. It didn't post everything I wrote and I can't edit...Anyway copied and pasted below.

Absolutely. As I mentioned in the other thread, how do you have the soundcard hooked up? Is it to the 2 & 3 channels or to the 5th channel (computer)? Some users have it on the 5th channel (computer), but when you hook it up like that you are not able to use the pfl how you want. Most importantly; 1. Are you doing video? 2. Do you want the crossfader to do video? 3. Do you want to use one of the channels to be the video fader (ie. channel 3 could be your video fader)? I ask this because to use the crossfader as MIDI control you will need to switch either channel 2 or 3 to MIDI. This is one of the things that I did not like about the mixer. If you are doing video my advice for hooking it up to your soundcard and what channels to use would be different than if you are not. So lets start with how its currently hooked up and are you using it for video.

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:56 am
thanx charlie five, i read the answers to ur thread on both the ecler forum & vdj forum. it gave me an idea of how to set up and i've been able to do just that. my main problem now is: the timecode cannot work directly with the nu04, and with my soundblaster audigy 4, it works well only with one timecode configured. does it mean i need another usb soundcard like maya-44 or the virtual vinyl box? is it possible to make it work with just the nuo4? b'cos i have BCD-2000, vestax, and other mixers but i bought the nu04 b'cos i thought it cud do all that.

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 3:51 pm
I'm not to sure about your soundcard, I will look it up now. I use the Virtual Vinyl Soundcard, which has 2 stereo in's and 2 stereo outs (well VV actually has 3). I'm assuming that you thought that the Nou 4 had a built in soundcard. It does not. It is just a MIDI mixer. ie. It will control functions inside of VDJ with the knobs, sliders, and buttons of the mixer. If you want to do Timecode you still need a soundcard which has 2 stereo in's and out's.

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:20 pm

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)