Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: How much do you .......

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

.......... " baby ", or not , your gig rig ?? or to put it another way , how easy or how hard are you on your gig rig ??

Mensajes Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:23 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I'll give you an idea of how I treat my gear. I still own my first mixer a DM-1750 Numark I purchased back in 1987. So I do baby my gigs rig pretty much.

Mensajes Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:31 am
mixers, players - i'm very easy on.

Speakers I put a compressor/limiter in the line so I can pound the room and not destroy my gear.

Mensajes Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:34 am
wow a mixer 20 yrs old .......

if you try to you can make good stuff in the first place , last ..... i have a Peavy amp that is 12 years old , and a set of JBL stage monitors that are 10 years .......and i have a set of JBL self powered now that are4 years of lots of use ........

Mensajes Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:40 am
lol i'm only nice to my mixer & monitors :p

i still have my old numark mx-100 laying around in perfect working condition but it rests in peace after the powercable was stolen with my wiring case.

Mensajes Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 9:48 pm
well its like this the desk top , that has my delta66 and virt dj in it also has a handy cup holder ... I just push the disk drive button and boom out comes a tray... its fantastic..... when the cpu gets hot enought at 2 am i make hotdogs and save 10$.. I love this computer

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:43 am
I'm pretty caring for all my stuff outside of my nasty smoking habit, though I do get a little hard with the bass when just using my monitors. Thank god for kevlar woofers..lol. I don't have cases for most of my equip. so I opt to transport it all in the original manufacturer boxes with added packing to ensure safe transport;^]

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:49 am
i beat the crap out of our stuff at work on a nightly basis.

what?... i didnt pay for it.

seriously, i dont let anyone TOUCH or even stare too hard at it, except for the guy who signs my paycheck. and if he breaks anything i get it replaced with something better. if i break it, he bitches at me for a week, and still buys new stuff without making me pay for it.

now if i could just get him to stop making music suggestions (brittany spears!...) i'd be okay.

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 9:56 am
wildcountryclub wrote :

now if i could just get him to stop making music suggestions (brittany spears!...) i'd be okay.

At least that's better than the Spice Girls ( Damn Coctailers )... Your right. I don't like people to even stare at it to long. I clean / wipe down before every shift and i'm the only one who can put a drink on the counter.

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 9:14 pm
brittany spears ?? what's that got to do with music ? a good breed of bird hunting dog .....

Mensajes Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 9:18 pm
how about diy cases or cases in general , extra fans for comps and etc , how you store cables 'n mics , etc ??

no more talk about hunting dogs ! i used to have a Britney hunting dog once .... she was great

i called her ....Fred

Mensajes Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 4:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)