Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: audio editing software ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What would be the best audio editing software to break down your mix in tracks and then record it to the cd?

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 6:25 pm

best would be hard to say, there is soooo many

But there is a FREE one that works pretty good
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

If you are cashing up, Adobe Audition and Sony SoundForge are my favorites, plus Acid if you are gonna do some remixing :)

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 6:28 pm
thank you...i use Audition now but i willl try the other ones also.

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 6:37 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My best bet is on the sony soundforge and sony acid.. i use that since long long way ago.since soundforge was owned by sonic foundry.... never fail me:)

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 6:39 pm
I use an older CoolEdit Pro v2.1

It's a mutli-track program similar to the others mentioned.

I like it

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 7:18 pm
Between all of them witch one do you think is the easier and faster one to work with, i'm just looking in breaking the whole recorded mix in multiple tracks/songs ?

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 8:47 pm
Funky-T wrote :
Between all of them witch one do you think is the easier and faster one to work with, i'm just looking in breaking the whole recorded mix in multiple tracks/songs ?

VDJ ;)

Well all of above are easy, but you know that VDJ can automatically split to tracks when you record right?

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 8:51 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
But norway using that function sometime is not useful..cos it will cut everytime u move the crossfader to the other side n what "if" u tend to move it from deck 1 to deck 2 two ,three or more times , it will thus create that as single track too..

Hence that y i think using external software is the way to go unless u just wanna make a plain transition from point a to point b , then its fine.

An honest opinion;)

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 9:24 pm
For basic multitrack editing and authoring, Sony Vegas is an excellent piexe of soiftware. It's pricey, but leaves you plenty of options with video, audio and ac3 authoring. Sony's CD Architect is really good though for taking a single track and adding in your own track points for a master cd. I use both on many of my home recordings, I use Vegas to mix together all songs and transition pieces, render it to one file, run it on CD Architect, make the track points, burn the CD then rip it back to my PC as master mp3's at 192 kps;^]

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 10:47 pm
i think most of the people missed the point of the post here. he wants to take a long mix that's in one big file and burn it to CD with track markers so he can access certain points in the mix quickly. Audacity won't do that for you, as well as some of the others mentioned here won't do that either, including VDJ.

You want something like CD Architecht on the PC or Apple's Waveburner on the Mac. They will let you do everything you need to master a CD, including adding CD Text and setting track markers at arbitrary places in the mix.

Mensajes Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 1:53 am

ah, now I see... thought he wanted to chop up the file into smaller files (tracks).

If thats what you want to do, you need a CD authoring software, like Anewsome said, true.. ;)

Mensajes Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 2:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)